Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Oct 8, 2017
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Fall

Add Heading Here

We were looking for another summit before the snows made it unlikely. Snow has been falling to the 4,000 foot elevation along with the temperatures. Ruth Mountain rose as good choice for success plus Omar has never been to this nearby peak.  It turned out to be a perfect day and goal... except I lost my phone up there somewhere...RIP Samsung... under starry skies and Fall colors...(S-5 and dying anyway... needed to update). Not sure on the elevation where snow started, parking lot clear, but by the time we passed the Hannegan Pass designated camp, snow was everywhere.  The Pass had a few inches with it accumulating quickly above. I would guess about a foot as we approached the upper ridge with knee deep where winds affected totals.  We did not use the crampons we brought, but did rope up crossing the glacier. Both of us did punch through covered crevasses but no falls.  We hugged the big rock half way up to summit to avoid the numerous open crevasses we could see.  No one else to share the mountain with, but did meet a few hikers, two trail runners heading for Hannegan Peak, one solo hiker heading for Ross Lake.  Fall colors were good.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Ruth MountainTrip Reports