Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Brian Jenkins

Brian Jenkins - Apr 3, 2006 8:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Cool photos

to start. You making any headway on the page?

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Sep 8, 2006 10:15 pm - Voted 10/10

How...?

...Have I missed this page until now? This is a great work--writing, photography, all VERY well done. Definitely a place to visit!

mvs

mvs - Sep 25, 2006 10:54 am - Voted 10/10

Great page

Awesome panoramas, it's clear how much you love this area! I always wanted to go to the Vahallas, they seem incredibly remote and un-visited.

You mention how important it is to stay dry. I generally agree, but find in practice that working my way up some damp forested valley I will surely get wet from sweating. Maybe another way to think of it is to say stay warm. I strip down as much as possible for the uphill hiking, and would keep some warm, dry clothing in a plastic bag in my pack. If I get caught in a rainstorm, I might even decide to keep walking out without putting on the warm clothes until I really need it. It's nice to keep the "insurance" safe until real need comes along, such as getting hurt and I can't stay warm from activity any more.

Then again you hear stories about people becoming hypothermic and a little crazy - maybe they were also thinking to keep their stuff dry in their pack.

Scott Dusek

Scott Dusek - Sep 30, 2006 6:10 am - Voted 10/10

Kick Ass!

Nice Page dude! Important pages like this have to be done well and you came through. Great addition to summitpost.

-Scotty

gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 14, 2006 5:35 am - Voted 10/10

Eye Candy!

You have a really wonderful collection of panoramas put together here. I always remind myself that I didn't make the mountains, I only point my camera and push a button. But take a moment to be proud of what you've captured with these. Well done.

Turbo

Turbo - Dec 28, 2006 8:45 am - Voted 10/10

I'll never leave again.

Ok, so I've had very little to do for the last week and I've been re-looking at many of your pictures remembering the trip we took. As soon as I am done with school here in Michigan, I'm going back to the NW and never leaving :)

mtbugz

mtbugz - Dec 1, 2007 1:20 pm - Voted 10/10

love it!!

The Olympic's are so amazing I haven't been very many places, just the hoh river trail to Blue Glacier, but it is just so amazing.

stinkycheezman33

stinkycheezman33 - Aug 18, 2008 7:11 pm - Voted 10/10

wow

i just honeymooned in the olympics, and all i can say is WOW
what an incredible area!!! thanks for sharing all your beautiful photos :D

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Jan 31, 2009 1:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Great Page...

You definately own the Olympics and your love for the area is apparent. Good photography too. Not that you need any, I have one suggestion for an addition to the page: you might note that not only is there a national park covering the bulk of the Olympics but here is also a small army of wilderness areas hovering around the park's border. A minor detail, but it feeds my taxonomy OCD. Again, good page!

Klenke

Klenke - Aug 22, 2010 1:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Add

Byron, I did a search for this page using Olympics Range as a keyword criteria and it didn't come up. You might consider adding the word "Olympics" to the keyword [query] list.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Dec 7, 2012 5:41 pm - Voted 10/10

New Movie About The Olympic Range

http://www.crestpictures.com/mist/

I've hiked with Dane Burke a few times. I'm hoping to see this film. Have you seen it Byron?

larry

larry - Mar 4, 2014 7:39 pm - Voted 9/10

Can't wait for Spring

Nice pics and nice page. I will have to visit it again soon as I wait for spring and the opportunity to get back up in the high country.

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Olympic Range (WA)' main page