On St. Poeltner Weg

On St. Poeltner Weg

The glacier on the western side of Granatscharte. Wea are standing on the main Hohe Tauern ridge, just East of Rabenstein, 2902m. While St.Poeltner Weg crosses the glacier far on the left (left of the dark ice), Venediger Hoehenweg crosses it on the bottom part (right on the picture) and then turns left on the saddle. The sharp peak in the middle is Granatspitze, 3086m. July 16th, 2006.
Vid Pogachnik
on Jul 17, 2006 7:16 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery
Image ID: 208214

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
EricChu

EricChu - Mar 27, 2013 7:03 am - Voted 10/10

Very beautiful!

I love this pic, Vid! Makes me wish I was there!!
Cheers,
Eric

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 27, 2013 5:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very beautiful!

Hi Eric! Thanks for comment, but my wife was not so happy when she saw that we should cross this glacier. Sometimes she has unreasonable fear on snow slopes.

By the way - do you have a lot of snow around Salzburg? We were thinking of coming around, but now the weather forecast is poor again.

Cheers!
Vid

EricChu

EricChu - Mar 27, 2013 6:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Very beautiful!

Hi Vid! Yes, at the moment it's pure winter - these last couple days it was temperatures like normally around New Year's! I heard the same thing as to the weather forecast - tomorrow there's supposed to be some sunshine, but already on Friday the weather is going to turn bad again, possibly also with snowfall right down to the city. It's really becoming a bit of a long wait...What's the weather like in Slovenia right now?
Cheers, and hoping to see you some time or rather in Salzburg,
Eric

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Mar 28, 2013 3:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very beautiful!

Hi Eric!

Almost the same here, "on the sunny side of Alps". Snow, temperatures around zero and poor forecast. We have four free days now, but still no plans. I would also like to drink one day a beer with you, but for this Easter it's more and more unlikely that we will travel.

Wish you nice hollidays!
Vid

Viewing: 1-4 of 4