Osrednja grapa (Main Ravine)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.42164°N / 14.22989°E
Additional Information Route Type: Steep Basic Snow till 45°
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Climbing in the steep ravine
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Ljubelj pass, the border between Slovenia and Austria you will ascend below the north face and slopes of Begunjscica on the Dom na Zelenici (hut) (1536m). You can reach the hut over the skiing slopes or over the macadam road in the forest.

Warning: The difficulty for this route on Begunjscica is estimate for the Winter season. In the time when the north slopes and face of Begunjscica is snowless this are not fine and popular ascents.


Route Description


From the Dom na Zelenici (hut) you start ascending in the south direction in the way to the big screes below the north face of Begunjscica. You must follow the longest scree that is below the main summit of Begunjscica.You walk in the steep slope and soon you come to the part where the scree is very narrow. On the right (towards before you) is the Osredna grapa (Main ravine) that leads you directly on the top of Begunjscica.

You follow the scree to the start of the ravine and you start climbing in it. On the begining you must climb over the steepest part and then you come in the upper part of thr ravine below the main summit of Begunjscica. Now you have many possibilities for reaching the ridge. You choose the best one and you will come on the east ridge of Begunjscica or maybe even on the top of Begunjscica.

The best possibiltiy for descend back to Ljubelj pass is that you descend over the small valley Sentanski plaz. (The description will come soon)


Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes and total Winter equipment.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.