Ouray Ice Competition 2008

Ouray Ice Competition 2008

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Rock Climbing, Ice Climbing

Hooray Ouray!

An awesome and amazing competition that is held every year in the small town of Ouray, CO. Some of the worlds best ice/mixed climbers gather to test themselves on a route and show off for spectators. This year only one person made it to the top of the M11+ test-piece comp route! Here are a few photo highlights.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2
lcarreau

lcarreau - Jan 28, 2008 2:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome ...

So this is how you guys and gals spend your time in Colorado.
I've never seen anything like it! Is it a large piece of
plywood hanging off the side of a bridge? Looks like fun! How
many people actually participated in the event??? Sweet.

Dan Dalton

Dan Dalton - Jan 28, 2008 7:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome ...

Heck yes! This is my prefered sport in the winter. Maybe not on logs and the 'diving board' (the plywood plank), but on rock with ice tools for sure. This is a great annual comp event that many people try to compete in. They narrow down the competitors in the pre-liminaries and only 16-20 make it for the finals. I think this year 50 tried, I hope to try next yeaer as well. This is very euro, if you peruse the web for ice competitions you will see even crazier things in Italy!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.