Aquamira® Water Treatment drops treat drinking water using chlorine dioxide, a well established disinfectant which is iodine and chlorine free. The small size, portability and long shelf life of the kit represents a breakthrough in technology allowing this highly effective treatment method to be carried and used by individuals around the globe.
The unique formula works by releasing nascent oxygen, a highly active form of oxygen, which is a strong oxidant and a powerful germicidal agent. Chlorine dioxide has been used by municipal water treatment plants to kill a variety of waterborne pathogens since the late 1940s. Unlike free chlorine (familiar as household bleach) or other halogen chemicals (such as iodine), chlorine dioxide does not create potentially harmful by-products.
Aquamira’s key benefits are clearly evident when compared to the other common portable water treatment chemical: iodine. Most importantly, chlorine dioxide is a significantly stronger oxidant than iodine, with greater pathogen killing power. Unlike iodine, chlorine dioxide does not discolor water, nor does it give water an unpleasant taste. In fact, chlorine dioxide is often used to improve the taste of water by neutralizing unpleasant flavors.
Aquamira is also very useful as a preservative for stored drinking water (as with water stored for earthquake or other disaster preparedness - see FAQ for details).
Currently, chlorine dioxide is used in hundreds of cities across the globe and has proven over the decades to be safe and highly effective. McNett is proud to offer this valuable technological breakthrough to consumers worldwide.
• Treats wilderness stream and lake water
• Treats tap water in foreign countries
• Treats water in storage tanks on recreational vehicles and boats
• Treats drinking water cisterns on farms and remote sites
The kit has a shelf life of four years even if opened and used during that period. Slightly aromatic. Use between 32 F and 100 F. Treats up to 30 gallons.
EASY TO USE:
Mix seven (7) drops of Part A and seven (7) drops of Part B into the mixing cup/cap. Wait five minutes then pour into one quart of water. Shake or stir water. Wait 30 minutes before drinking.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
McNett Corporation, 1411 Meador Ave., Bellingham WA 98229-5845 USA
Phone: (360) 671-2227 Fax: (360) 671-4521 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org