Big Wall Ladders

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Big Wall Ladders
Manufacturer Yates
Page By bigwally
Page Type Jan 23, 2003 / Jan 23, 2003
Object ID 639
Hits 5003
Vote
BIG WALL LADDERS

* "New" Smaller diameter spreader bar!



* Big Wall Ladders offer the simplicity of traditional 1” Etriers with the comfort of 2” Wall Etries. Built in spreader bar insures that steps remain open without causing “foot pinching”.

* Ladders can be linked together to increase length for cheater stick moves. Built-in full strength wrist loop. YATES Big Wall Ladders are the next generation of wall ascent gear!

* 6 Step Big Wall Ladder measures 70”.



*"New" 7 Step Big Wall Ladder measures 81”.



ITEM# 532(6 Step) $35.00

ITEM# 532(7 Step) $37.50

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

bigwally - Jan 23, 2003 11:12 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
The Yates Big Wall Ladders are simply the way that aiders ought to be. I only agonize over the years that I spent straightening out tangled aiders or fumbling to get my foot in a twisted step.....all wasted Time and Energy. The Yates product is constructed as a ladder, with parallel sides, so that they are inherently tangle-free. Each ladder has a spreader bar so that the steps stay open and receptive to your feet at all times. The 2" wide steps are very comfortable, all day long. I recommend the 7-Step Ladder. At 81" it allows you the length to "step-down" to test the next piece, which significantly adds to both Safety and Peace of Mind. The Optimal situation is always 2 pairs of aiders. It works very well to buy a longer pair and a shorter pair.When climbing, if you put together a short and a long to form one pair, you will always have a long one to "step down" to test with. Anyway that you do it, these Yates Ladders are unsurpassed. I have NO INTENTION of ever doing any extended aiding again, without them. They might be a little "pricey" but they are artfully designed, sturdily constructed and have proven to be extremely durable. They could well be the aiders, for the Rest of my Life !!!!!

nefarius - Apr 10, 2007 2:11 pm - Voted 5/5

Re: Untitled Review
Nice. Yates gear, in general, is the shit! Spend a few extra bucks for the burliest stuff on the planet. In the long run you'll save $$$ as you won't be replacing things as often.

The Yates Big Wall Ladders are also really nice for wearing your climbing shoes while standing in aiders. I size my shoes a little larger than I normally would, so they are comfortable and I can wear socks with them. I have also fitted them with Montrail inserts for a little more rigidity. Compliment all of this with the Yates 2" ladders and you're ready to bust in and out of aid to free moves all day long.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2