Rubber sole waterproof overboots made in Ecuador.
I've tried a few good brands of overboots, from OR to Mountain Hardwear, but so far these custom made overboots have given me maximun protection and warmth in extreme conditions in most of my trips in the Andes.
They are easy to put on in the cold, have a narrow profile, and for me they are one of the warmest products of their type. They have a rubber walking sole made of truck tire tube
and work with most strap-on crampons. It does however require some modification for rigid step-in crampons. The uppers are a breathable, windproof, coated nylon to minimize condensation. 5.5mm, stretchy, closed cell nylon coated neoprene wraps around and under the entire foot, which is the key to warm feet when wearing crampons. The front closure VelcroOs and snaps all the way to the toes so you can easily adjust your laces, and they have a drawstring at the top. Seams are stitched and cemented.
- Narrow profile
- Compatible with most Strap-On Crampons
- Closed cell nylon coated neoprene
- Front closure velcroOs and snaps all the way to the toes
- Drawstring at the top
- Seams are stitched and cemented
- I bought a pair of custom made overboots directly from Marco Salazar. It takes a week to design one that fits your boot. You also can choose between black, red, and blue colors. Price was USD. 35.00.