Extractor Nut Tool

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Extractor Nut Tool
Manufacturer Metolius
Page By Martin Cash
Page Type Apr 26, 2003 / Apr 26, 2003
Object ID 9397
Hits 1381
Vote
With an innovative ergonomic shape that allows excellent hooking and prodding capabilities, this is the full-on Cadillac of nut tools.
Constructed of 3mm thick, beefy 420 stainless steel with longitudinal metal grain alignment, and heat treated to optimize hardness and durability
Lightweight yet robust, the built-in wire gate keeps it slim and compact and always ready for action; plus, it saves you a biner
Business end is machine ground to precision thickness for those hard-to-reach placements

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

Martin Cash - Apr 26, 2003 10:39 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
This is a fantastic cleaning tool. It is longer than the others I've used, and is made of stainless steel for durability. It pops out nuts and hexes really easily. I love the built in biner as well. A real pleasure to use compared to older cleaning tools.

bbense - Jul 16, 2003 7:51 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I have the version with the added metal on the base to provide a handy place to bang on with your hand. I've been using the OP version of this for a couple years and this is a definite improvement. The one thing I always disliked about the OP version was that it was painful to bang on with your hand.

Of course, the added beefiness comes with a price, this tool is significantly heavier than the aluminum OP version. In this case, I think the weight is worth it.

This tool comes in two versions one with the added metal at the base and one without. I would not get the one without the added metal, it's heavier than the OP tool and just as painful to bang on.

miztflip - Nov 28, 2004 2:47 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
A great little piece of gear that is a must have for those of us who can't afford extra cams and nuts.



The built in biner is great because that is one less biner to carry while still allowing you to keep up with your nut tool.

Erik Beeler - Nov 30, 2004 11:32 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Having used other shorter tools this was a step up in qualtiy while not being much heavier. The clip is nice as it lets me take one more off my rack. I attach my tool to a string and have a small non weight bearing biner on the other end so I don't have to worry about dropping it when digging at those pro placements that just don't want to budge.

vertx - Nov 30, 2004 3:16 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
A must have on your rack. Simple, light and strong. The biner is handy for cliping on to your rack or harness.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5