Gregory Baltoro 70 Backpack

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Gregory Baltoro 70 Backpack
Manufacturer Gregory
Page By
Page Type Feb 28, 2011 / Feb 28, 2011
Object ID 7580
Hits 7230
Vote

Gregory Baltoro 70 Backpack - Review

The Gregory Baltoro 70 'Backpacking' backpack is a mid-size pack that will comfortably see you through more than a fair share of full blown camping expeditions.

Designed to follow the contours of your back, hips and shoulders smoothly and snugly, the Baltoro 70 fits well and makes easy work of load-hauling. Just like a comfy pair of boots, trailblazing becomes a lot more fun when parts of your body are not crying out in pain!

The term 'Backpacking Backpack' may seem awkward but it helps in differentiating the middle space between backpacks that are designed for full blow mountaineering and smaller hiking backpacks that are designed for lightweight usage over a weekend or so.

Features

With its 70 litre capacity, the Baltoro 70 features Gregory's 'Response AF Suspension' which is designed to optimise load carrying in the 40lbs plus range that a bag this size would be expected to fit.


Available in three sizes to suit the your height, the small version of the Baltoro 70 sits on a torso size of between 16-18" and can hold upto 68 litres. Likewise, the medium version (for torso 18-20") has a capacity of 70 litres and the large (20-22") holds upto 76 litres.

Size-wise, the Baltoro 70 sits in between the 'Palisade 80' and 'Triconi 60'. If however you plan to backpack in hot weather, the ventilated Z65 is also a good alternative. When dealing with Gregory, your options are open

With padded shoulder harnesses and waistbelt, the Baltoro will carry 40-50lbs easily and loads of upto 60lbs with comfort. As expected with Gregory backpacks, the pack is full of useful features such as hydration ports, an aero-mesh moisture wicking backpanel and water resistant bottom panel. Made from double diamond ripstop nylon, small tears won't develop into huge gashes before you eyes!

A great feature of the Baltoro 70 is the large external pocket front pocket which is really useful for quickly accessing spare clothing or other such gear.

Recommended Links

Gregory Backpacks

Reviews

No reviews written yet.