GripSaver Plus

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title GripSaver Plus
Manufacturer Metolius
Page By DukeJH
Page Type Nov 24, 2003 / Nov 24, 2003
Object ID 884
Hits 7762
Vote
Train the right way with this hand strengthener, designed to strengthen and balance the muscles of the hand, wrist and forearm.

Effective for rehab or prevention of climbing-related finger, wrist and elbow injuries, Grip Saver Plus is an essential tool for serious climbers.

Allows the hand to move through a full, natural range of motion, using both the flexion (closing) motion and the extension (opening) motion

Set includes two Grip Saver bands and one sponge ball

After witnessing first-hand dozens of repetitive stress injuries of the hand, wrist and elbow, Dr. Terry Zachary decided to take some action. The result is the GripSaver Plus. ''Climbers are especially prone to imbalance injuries related to the inherent overuse of the flexor (closing) muscles of the hand and wrist. Climbers, in my experience, are among the strongest of all athletes as far as finger flexion is concerned, yet are very average relative to strength in hand and wrist extension. This leaves them wide open to the threat of repetitive flexion injuries. Climbers must be especially aware of addressing reciprocal muscle balance of the hand and wrist in their training. Not only will they reduce the risk of injury, but they will also improve their performance.''

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

DukeJH - Nov 24, 2003 5:34 pm - Voted 3/5

Good but Don't Lose the Second Piece
I have used this product for the last 9 months. I can't say whether or not it prevents the wrist extension injuries as advertised, but it has helped my hand strength in general. However, like all squeezy hand thingies, the exercise can be boring. I generally use when I'm watching TV.

After a while, my kids lost the "rubber band" that extends through the ball. I guess that is the drawback of having a two-piece trining aid such as this.

Nikolas_A - May 3, 2008 6:04 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good but Don't Lose the Second Piece
There is a spare part, you know!

Viewing: 1-2 of 2