Ice Comp Ice Climbing Boots
According to Kayland, the Ice Comp is a multiple world champion, taking Ukrainian Evgeny Krivosheitcev to multiple world titles. Ideal for ice climbing, dry tooling and mixed routes. This is also sported by others in the hard mixed climbing realm, including Ines Papert and Will Gadd. The double lacing system, internal and external and the heel-retaining cup ensure the feet have maximum control and precision. New for this year the boot is available fitted with Black Diamond crampons.
• Ergonomic design wich conforms to natural flex of foot. Improved performance.
• Quick Lock interior bootie personalizes fit + improves safety.
• Incorporated Kayland Gator made from thermo insulating Neopropene.
• Ergonomically-shaped heel design for total support and comfort.
• Triple Force Midsole: New waterproof midsole completely rigid and 30% lighter than before with step-in heel crampon and dual density injection.
• No sole adjustable integrated Cassin crampon. Crampon can be changed to one-or-two-front-points.
• LINING: THREE DIMENSIONAL MESH
• INSOLE: FIBERGLASS + ARAMIDIC FELT + ALUMINUM
• MIDSOLE: TRIPLE FORCE MIDSOLE
• UPPER: LIGHT PACK LEATHER + NEOPRENE
• WEIGHT: 970 gr WITH CRAMPON
• LEVEL OF RIGIDITY: 9
• CRAMPONS: BLACK DIAMOND RAPTOR CRAMPON INCORPORATED
• USE: Ice competitions, dry tooling.
MSRP: Price: $539.95
I placed this gear here in the the ice pro section as opposed to the crampon section since these bad boys are so specialized. They are really more like ice shoes as opposed to ice boots. A perfect combination of stability and precision, these are highly specialized and designed for competitions, (with crazy moves and elephant balls) and mostly mixed lines (such as those found in Ouray, Vail and RMNP.)
You will notice the difference right away when climbing mixed, not only do they weight significantly less, but they feel more stable and are easier to use.
Granted they are expensive, but if you do a lot of this, it is the way to go.
This model is slightly warmer than the La Sportiva Comp Boots but is warmer and has an inner lacing system that is very nice. Top of the line!