ISO Locking D Carabiner

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title ISO Locking D Carabiner
Manufacturer Omega Pacific
Page By miztflip
Page Type Nov 30, 2004 / Nov 30, 2004
Object ID 1185
Hits 1736
Vote
The Omega Pacific Locking D is relatively lightweight and is constructed using ISO Cold Forging which lends it an extraordinary strength to weight ratio.



The locking mechanism locks to the gate and not the frame which prevents jamming. The classic D shape allows the biner to carry load off center, on the stronger non-gated side.



The hooded gate offers a smooth rope-bearing surface that is easy on ropes.

The tapered nose increases strength and the spin rivets allow for a smooth snag-free gate surfaces.



Ideal for anchor systems and belay stances.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

miztflip - Nov 30, 2004 11:52 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
These are definately an important part of my rack. They are inexpensive lockers that don't compromise on quality. I don't mind leaving one of these behind if I bail in a storm.



I use them primarily for clipping bolts at a belay stance and also in anchor systems for added protection.



The price is great and the size is nice and compact for a locker.

marcminish - May 25, 2005 3:16 pm - Voted 1/5

Untitled Review
I have had two Omega lockers get stuck at very inopportune times. I had to use the pliers on my Leatherman to get them open. Also, they are hard to open wearing thick gloves. I don't buy them anymore even though they're cheap.

stepho - Mar 30, 2008 5:14 pm - Voted 5/5

Work well for me
I have five of these. Work well for harnesses. Cheap for a locking Carabiner.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3