Northwind

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Northwind
Manufacturer Mountain Equipment Co-op
Page By Spud
Page Type Sep 16, 2002 / Sep 16, 2002
Object ID 474
Hits 4118
Vote
Thanks to the use of comparatively lightweight materials, the North Wind is pretty light as four-season tents go. When properly guyed-out, it stands up well to normal winter conditions

One of the two integral vestibules is hooped for additional storage room and to serve as an airlock, in which to strip off boots and outer clothing prior to entering the main tent. The North Wind is comparatively cool on hot nights thanks to a large mesh inner front door and a zip-out mesh skylight. The floor on this model has now been upgraded to our awesome HT-Seal™ for longterm waterproofing.

Fits two to three people.

Floor is made of Navy Blue HT-Seal® 70-denier 18,500mm polyurethane-coated taffeta nylon.

Fly is made of Autumn Gold 75-denier polyester taffeta - polyurethane-coated for waterproofness to 2000mm.

Canopy is made of Cream Tensilk-HT™ 30-denier high tenacity polyester ripstop.

All exposed seams are taped for watertightness.

The main body poles are 9mm diameter, Easton 7075-T9 aluminum. Vestibule pole is 8.6mm diameter, Easton 7075-T9 aluminum.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Spud - Sep 16, 2002 2:59 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Great price on this very capable 4 season tent. Sets up fairly easily with 4 clip poles. Vestibule pole is sleeve design and the hoop it provides really does affored alot of extra storage space.



Not really a 3 person tent though like they claim - more like 2 comfortably - granted I'm a big guy...



For Easton poles I did have one stay bent on me which I hadn't expected - MEC will probably exchange it for me without a problem. Locking nubs on the bottoms of the feet tend to pull out easily, yet are kind of difficult to jam back in.



Aside from the pole thing, the tent is very functional and holds up to wind and snow really well.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1