Peak Aspiration

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Peak Aspiration
Manufacturer Aarn
Page By skiitswitch
Page Type Jul 9, 2005 / Jul 9, 2005
Object ID 1364
Hits 5980
Vote
From Aarn Packs, winner of the Millennium Products Award for Innovation. Based in New Zealand, the company is very low output. According to Aarn's website:
The only lightweight packs to create natural posture, shaping, movement and balance. These packs are scientifically proven to reduce energy use as well as neck, shoulder, thigh and back pain.
The Peak Aspiration is a dynamic large day/overnight pack for hiking and climbing with one large compartment and a lid pocket. The versatile daypack for all climates and activities which is convertible to a Bodypack.
- X-arc frame with adjustable backlength
- X-Flow shoulder straps
- Dual Adjust Waveform FlowMotion hipbelt
- Removable Dri-Liner
- Ice axe, crampon and Pacer Pole attachments

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

skiitswitch - Jul 9, 2005 8:39 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I heard about these puppies when I was searching New Zealand for Macpac gear. The guys in all the shops totally talked them up. Luckily I was able to find a shop in Christchurch that actually had one (they have been selling out within days of shipping).
All I can say is wow. This pack totally redefines how a pack feels on your back and it truely does move with you. No matter how full you cram it, the weight disappears when you put it on your back. And the best part for my backcountry canoe trips - the pack is completely submersible! Your stuff stays dry!
There are about 8 different straps that you can use to adjust the fit and the backsupport itself can be bent to fit you perfectly. Aarn has a 2 page fitting guide for each of their packs to instruct exactly how to provide the best fit.
This is a great medium-sized pack for lightweight, go-fast trips. Those kiwis really know what they're doing.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1