Pulse--Low Crosstraining

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Pulse--Low Crosstraining
Manufacturer Merrell
Page By WildMan21
Page Type Jan 7, 2005 / Jan 7, 2005
Object ID 1224
Hits 3113
Vote
For hard-core terrain hogs, these cross-trainers deliver a glove-like fit, durable protection and dependable traction.
Uppers feature nubuck and pigskin leathers with protective Benecke Ceraprene® toe bumpers and heel counters.
Air mesh and leather bellows tongue provide a superiror fit while enhancing ventilation, while injection-molded nylon arch shanks supply torsional rigidity. Compression-molded EVA footframes with Air Cushion® midsoles provide cushioning, stability and durability, rubber outsoles ensure excellent traction on a variety of terrain. (Information gathered at www.rei.com)

Reviews


Viewing: 1-4 of 4

WildMan21 - Jan 7, 2005 6:47 am - Voted 2/5

Untitled Review
While these shoes are remarkably comfortable to wear around, they show the abuse of hard-core use very easily. The rubber outsole wore down far more quickly than I would expect out of a rugged cross-country shoe. Further, they are quite heavy for what they offer. In all, their strongest suit is durable leather uppers and a comfortable fit. Beyond that they are worthless on or off the trail.

Haliku - Mar 11, 2005 11:10 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
For what you pay these shoes are worth it. They hold up to all day wear either in the office or out hiking. The key is to keep the pack weight low if you are doing a lot of miles. So far I've had no problems with the craftsmanship.

Ol Walsher - Oct 20, 2005 9:40 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I used these shoes on a 45 mile back pack trip. They were fresh out of the box. No blisters. A great shoe.

Super Dave - Feb 4, 2006 5:47 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Not the lightest or most durable shoe in its class, but a great value for the price. Broke these in on a four day backpacking trip and were comfortable right out of the box. Love the low-top design on the trail, and sturdy enough for fair weather scrambling.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4