Pyramid

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Pyramid
Manufacturer Trango
Page By spyder550
Page Type Sep 29, 2002 / Sep 29, 2002
Object ID 490
Hits 4006
Vote
The Pyramid is designed with various features. The fins allow cooling to occur quickly and provide a good grip on the device. The user can flip the device over to gain different stopping powers and the slots for the rope are big and easy to cram larger diameter ropes into.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Alan Ellis - Oct 23, 2002 5:06 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
My personal favorite. Hard to find in gear stores though. Very smooth and fast on rappel and belay. Easy to feed rope to a leader. I like the fluid ring instead of the solid ring of the ATC.

bigwally - Jan 26, 2003 5:30 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Surely the most simple, effective and reliable belay/rappel devise currently made. It works with many different sizes of ropes. The attaching wire is a full circle that doesn't break, as do the other models that just sport a wire loop. It is effective as the next, oe maybe a little better at dissipating the heat generated by the rap. Why pay more for anything less reliable??

Erik Beeler - Nov 16, 2003 10:14 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
Good basic tool. Has been durable for the last two years. I have not had a problem catching falling leaders with and it has smooth lowers and rappels. The fins don't seem to really make a difference on fast rappels though.

petersbike - Feb 12, 2004 2:01 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Love it. Looks cool and works great. As others have said it heats up, but not more than most other tube devices. Simple and reliable. 5 stars.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4