Raichle 60º

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Raichle 60º
Manufacturer Raichle
Page By waspee
Page Type Mar 12, 2004 / Mar 12, 2004
Object ID 1036
Hits 5489
Vote
3 millimetre thick, one piece leather upper protects from the cold and water.

The boot comes high enough to protect your ankles real well but not so high it should be uncomfortable.

The sole is rigid and therefore crampon compatible. You can use semi automatic or strap crampons.

The sole has a PU shock absorbing wedge.

The padding used inside and on the tongue make the boot super comfy, and what's more it does not thin out with wear!

Eyeletlacing are very tough.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-3 of 3

waspee - Mar 12, 2004 2:43 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I have used this boot for a year now and I have not been gentle with it. It still looks new! ok maybe a little chip here and there, but they are built to last. They are so comfy to walk in, I can go for days. I have never suffered from the cold in them, and I have wore them with crampons and snow shoes. They also grip well on rock and you can walk confidently on snow with them. What's more they are not too heavy. I have never had a blister in them, and no pressure spots.

mikef - Sep 19, 2005 4:27 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I wore these boots straight out of the box for an ice climb and 4 hour approach. Front pointed well, and very stable on talus and creek crossings (the water flowed over the untreated boot as if they were made of plastic). 12+ hours no blisters, just the odd hot spot. Good to walk in also. So comfy, kind of wish I got the 90 degree as might be better for winter, but couldnt beat the REI price of $182. Fit is med-wide.

C-Dizzle - Sep 30, 2007 11:54 am - Voted 4/5

Good Protection; durability?
I've been wearing these on some small-time hikes and a 3-day outing climbing Mt Adams over the last year. I've had problems with heel blisters in the past due to my feet being totally different sizes, but I never even developed any irritation.

Mt Adams in late summer consists of boot-shredding, ankle-breaking, loose pumice. I destroyed a pair of Asolo backpacking boots the previous year on the same mountain. The Raichle's came out of it without any significant damage to the uppers, but the lugs got pretty well chewed. I felt much more secure on the rotten, crumbling scree fields. A few missteps on my part would have normally led to a sprain or worse, but the great support in these boots averted that. They felt fantastic with crampons on ice, and I felt I had a lot of control, unlike that dissociated feeling I got with plastic boots.

They are not that heavy, and they have a nice lace-locking system that improves your ability to achieve a secure lacing job. The only suggestion I have is you might want to get some nice insoles and replace the existing ones, but that suggestion applies to almost any boot.

Bottom line: Good protection, but questionable tread durability for mixed climbs.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3