Technical Details (per the Manufacturer):
- Upper: Synthetic "Cowdura" suede (eliminates stretch and improves breathability)
- Lining: Unlined
- Color: Ivory w/ Gray/Light Blue
- Lacing: Standard (comes with optional elastic laces)
- Sole: Stealth ONYX (improved durability and friction over C4)
- Last: Slip
- Volume: Low
- Longitudinal Symmetry: straight
- Heel Fit: Narrow
- Width: Medium
- Toe/Heel Horizontal Plane: Flat
- Sizes: 3.5 - 10.5
- Weight: 459g (based on size 8.5)
- Optimal use: All-around women's climbing shoe
- Resolable?: Yes
- Warranty: 1 year
Fossana's Biased Opinion
I had a hard time finding a new pair of climbing shoes. I've been wearing Boreal Vectors since the mid-90s b/c they're the best fitting shoe I've found to date for my wide Asian squared off feet (thanks Mom). To top it off most of the newer shoes have that stiff rubber band that is supposed to push your foot forward into the shoe, but for me just aggravates my achilles tendon. If I didn't need a slightly larger pair of shoes for multipitch I would just keep on wearing the Vectors. I was pleased to find the Sirens.
Although they aren't quite as rounded in the toe box as the Vectors they're pretty close and they don't bother my achilles tendon. I was skeptical about durability upon seeing the split heel rubber (by design), but so far so good. I haven't worn then when it's been super hot out yet, so I will have to report back on breathability.
No reviews written yet.