* Compact Shock Technology absorbs light strikes, hard hits and controls rebound
* The patent-pending external design maximizes pole collapsibility and is stealthy quiet, meaning no more "click, clack, click, clack" associated with other shock-absorbing trekking poles
* Ultralight, narrow-diameter aluminum shafts provide reduction in swing weight without losing strength
* Three-section poles provide patented FlickLock adjustability with ''zero-slip'' security
* Simply flick the lock open, set the length and flick the lock closed—a quick, tight and easily accomplished task, even with gloved hands
* Soft foam grips and extensions have 360° padded wrist straps for security
* Poles come with baskets and long flex tips for enhanced traction in scree and mud
* Poles have a 27 - 55 in. usable range
* Ready for winter use, just switch to the included snow baskets
* Reduced grip size for women and teens
Weight (pair) 20 ounces
Shaft material Aluminum
Maximum length 55 inches
Minimum length 27 inches
Shock absorbing Yes
Grip material Foam
On the Trail Use
I never really liked the idea of using trekking poles until I tried out these guys. The "Trail Shock" are the more advanced version of the "Trail" trekking poles made by Black Diamond. I thought the shock would not have much of a difference. While using some other poles by a different brand and no shock mechanism, my wrist were a bit soar by the end of the day with all the jarring. What the shocks do is absorb a majority of those blows so that your wrists are not soar by the end of the day.
It was great to finally descend mountain sides and no have horribly soar knees and wrists from all the impact that descending requires. I love these poles and will gladly replace them with another pair if they break on me.
My only concern is that the flick lock system sometimes gets lose. I always carry a spare allen key with me because the flick lock does work its way lose very rarely. Other than that, these poles are an A+ in my book!