The Vector is ergonomically designed with a large, easy-to-read display, plus control buttons conveniently sized and positioned so they're easy to operate even with gloves on, yet cannot be pressed accidentally. Choose either metric or imperial units for each separate function. Displays month/day date, day of the week and time in 12 or 24 hour format; calendar is pre-programmed to the year 2089; features 3 daily alarms, stopwatch with split times and countdown timer. Engineered with the highest quality components and durably constructed with a tough plastic case and extra-hard plastic lens to stand up to the extreme conditions of the great outdoors. Operates on an easy-to-replace, 3-volt lithium cell and features a low-battery warning when 10% - 15% of battery capacity remains. Maximum battery life is approximately 18 months, depending on use.
- Altimeter function, displayed in either meters or feet, ranges up to 9,000 m (or 29,500 ft.) in 5 m (or 10 ft.) increments
- Altimeter features vertical ascent/descent rate of climbs/ski runs, automatic 24-hour memory, logbook memory, reference altitude and altitude alarm
- Barometer with automatic 4-day memory helps you see weather trends; ranges from 8.90 - 32.40 inHg (300 - 1100 mbar) with 0.05 inHg (1 mbar) accuracy
- Barometer provides data in 1 hour intervals for the first 6 hours, then in 6 hour intervals for up to 4 days; temperature compensated
- Compass displays bearing and direction of travel; bubble indicates level compass position for reading accuracy within 3 degrees or better
- Compass can be set to track a bearing, indicating the difference between the given bearing and actual bearing, redirecting you to stay on course
- Declination adjustment function corrects the difference between magnetic north and true north
- Thermometer function displays temperature in either Celsius or Fahrenheit
- AAI Guides Choice
- Cathy Sassin, 4th place Eco-Challenge Patagonia: "The Suunto Vector is an indispensable piece of Adventure Racing gear."
Casio Pathfinder PAG40B-2V, Casio Pathfinder II, Freestyle Altimeter, Nike ACG Ascent, Suunto X6, Victorinox StarTech 3000