Venon

 

Venon
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Venon
Manufacturer La Sportiva
Page By RModelli
Page Type Mar 18, 2005 / Aug 23, 2007
Object ID 1282
Hits 4037
Vote
The new Venom does for the slipper what the Testarossa does for lace-ups. This slipper is a triumph of design and construction. The Venom’s shape comes from the blockbuster Testarossa last, giving it an asymmetrical, down-turned, pocket-seeking toe. The 0.8mm Laspoflex midsole in the forefoot provides a stable platform while retaining maximum sensitivity; sticky XSV on the outsole provides the highest performance rubber available; and a pioneering flexible, breathable, sticky Vibram® Web Rubber upper focuses power to the toe box AND provides a sticky surface for toe hooking. All these innovations relentlessly drive power to the front of the shoe, allowing performance never seen before in a slipper.

Color Lime/Black

Upper Leather/Vibram® Web Rubber

Construction Slip Lasted

Last PD85

Lining Unlined

Sole 3.5mm Vibram® XSV

Midsole .08mm Laspoflex (forefoot only)

Weight 13.5 oz.

Sizes 34–46 (including half sizes) [see size chart]

Retail $115.00

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

RModelli - Mar 18, 2005 8:53 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
The first slipper i have used and I was ver y very impressed with the performance of this shoe. I was impressed with the secure fit and precise edging, even though it is down turned for very steep routes.



Needless to say this model excels at bouldering problems.



The fit is great for me, I have somewhat wide feet, and the model runs somewhat in the large side.



The rubber cover over the toe box provide an awesome tool for hooking in pockets in roofs and overhangs.



Excellent shoe.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1