Verro Harness

 

Verro Harness
Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Verro Harness
Manufacturer Arc'teryx
Page By Josh
Page Type Dec 13, 2001 / Jan 16, 2007
Object ID 72
Hits 6596
Vote
This harness was designed for a wide range of climbing types. The Verro is the leading edge performer, whether your preferred medium is ice, snow, rock, or a combination of all three. A VAPORâ„¢ technology waistbelt hugs your waist. Its die-cut variable thickness laminated leg loops are droppable and adjustable. It comes with two "ice devices" for racking ice screws.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-7 of 7

Josh - Dec 20, 2001 9:57 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
The Verro is touted as an alpine harness, but it can be used for just about any type of climbing. It's light enough for sport and comfortable enough for long hang-dogging sessions in the gym (or at your favorite grid-bolted choss pile). People with hippo-size thighs will enjoy the adjustable leg loops, as well as people who sometimes need to wear an insulating layer under their harness. I use this harness for everything.

A note on the "Ice Devices": These are handy , but they're nothing fancy. They're basically glorified rubber bands that hold a carabiner solidly in place on a gear loop.

Spud - Sep 16, 2002 2:36 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I use mine for ice climbing and alpine mountaineering. It adjusts well to different layering and is comfortable to hang in for long periods even in a single layer.



Many gear loops made me the envy of my fellow Black Diamond users.

Peak Freak - Sep 20, 2002 11:29 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I agree with everything Spud & Josh wrote. When I was shopping for a harness, I tried a lot on. I narrowed it down to the Black Diamond Blizzard and the Arc'Teryx Verro as they are very similar. One interesting point that you can even tell from the photos, is that the waist buckle on the Blizzard is on the right and the Verro's is on the left. I personally like to do mine up on the left.



I also found the buckle itself easier to thread the strap through, and the way the fastening system is designed felt more secure once done up. When it's minus X degrees out at ??,000 ft elevation, and your fingers and brain aren't functioning at maximum capacity, I want something that's as easy to get in and out of as possible. For me, that was the Verro.



I also got suspended from the ceiling in the store in each harness to compare comfort, and found the Verro to be very comfortable (for being suspended from the ceiling that is).

Glencoe - Sep 29, 2002 6:04 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
My only harness, perfect for alpine and ice but I wear it in the gym too. Very comfortable to wear and sit in. Fit adjusts well. Sturdy and trustworthy.

I've never used the "Ice Device" feature - doesn't do anything for me.

bbense - Jul 25, 2003 10:37 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I've been using this harness for 4 years now and it's simple, versitile, light and supremely comfortable. The price is a bit steep, but worth it IMHO. It works well for cragging, the gym, long days, ice climbing and mountaineering. The only place it falls short is aid climbing. It works reasonably well there, but for jumaring and hanging in the harness for hours at a time, there are more comfortable harnesses.

live2climb - Apr 21, 2007 8:44 am - Voted 5/5

very satisfied
I bought this harness because of my need to upgrade to larger gear loops from my bd momentum. The gear loops are absolutely perfect (for me, for trad) on this harness - the front loops are larger and they alone hold most of the gear I bring up with me. I reserve the back loops for quickdraws and belay gear. Despite being surprisingly light, the harness is comfortable at hanging belays (well, as far as hanging belays go). Like the quick release buckels for the pre-onsight nervous dump. Other deciding features include adjustable leg loops and haul loop. If you do some homework, you can find it for around $65 online... I used coupon code 'whale' or 'supersale' or @moosejaw.com.

Augie Medina - Sep 17, 2007 6:44 pm - Voted 5/5

Worth the Price
Very comfortable and I like the padded, droppable leg loops. I also like the differentially sized gear loops so most of the gear can be carried forward. Sure, you can get good harnesses for less money, but this one is worth the bucks.

Viewing: 1-7 of 7