Yosemite: Ascending Rhythm

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Yosemite: Ascending Rhythm
Manufacturer The SnowCreek Consort / Midnight Lightning
Page By Bill Kish
Page Type Feb 24, 2009 / Feb 24, 2009
Object ID 5902
Hits 3823
Vote

Yosemite: Ascending Rhythm

Ascending Rhythm is a profoundly stirring work of art, merging the talents of world-renowned rock climber Ron Kauk and Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Sterling Johnson. The melding of their many gifts has produced an extraordinary video experience, escalating the viewer to new heights in magnificent Yosemite National Park. "Ascending Rhythm" features not only Ron Kauk, but outstanding rock climbers such as Steph Davis, Lynn Hill, Jerry Moffatt, Dean Potter and others as they climb in beauty to the music of award-winner Dik Darnell. His music intensifies the emotion of the climbs, the sensitivity to the moods and harmony of nature while celebrating the passion of the climbers as they reach for the sky.

Features

62 minute DVD
Ron Kauk voiceover track
DVD extras

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

Bill Kish - Feb 24, 2009 11:01 pm - Voted 5/5

a nice piece of work
It is clear that a lot of effort and passion went into making this video. It has the rare combination of (for a climbing video) first-rate production values, spectacular scenery under perfect light, and fluid, sinuous climbing. The main soundtrack is a bit soporific but the voice-over soundtrack more than compensates with interesting (some might say profound) commentary from Ron and the director. Highly recommended!

Viewing: 1-1 of 1