Over the summit of Visevnik

Over the summit of Visevnik

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.35000°N / 13.89000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up and secured climbing
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You come to the plateau Pokljuka from the Bled or from the Bohinj valley. With car you drive to the barracks on the Rudno polje. From Bled is 22 kilometers. On the barracks is a signpost with inscription Triglav. We follow that road to the small skiing area where we park by first ski lift.

a <---- Nice map of the area in the nearness of Mali Draski vrh.


Route Description



The SE slopes of Mali Draski vrh from below the north face of Visevnik.

You start walking by firts ski lift and continue to the second lift. If you go in Winter you will se here many skiiers and many tour skiiers too. When the second lift ends you walk over big forest ravine and then come over the nice forest on the south ridge of Visevnik. Then you walk over the steep south slopes and ridge. In Summer season here are many mountaineers.

You come on the top of Visevnik and then you continue walking and follow the signposts on the airy north ridge of Visevnik. You come on the Srenjski preval and you see above you the top of Mali Draski vrh. You start walking in its steep SE slopes over nice marked route. You must climb on some parts of the route but nothing too hard and soon you stand on the beautiful mountain.

You descend by the same route or you can take any other possibility.

Essential Gear


Good hiking shoes, in Winter season all other stuff.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.