Púlpito del Diablo (El Cocuy) Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Fabrice.Rimlinger

Fabrice.Rimlinger - Nov 11, 2006 5:02 pm Date Climbed: Sep 22, 2005

Viva Columbia  Sucess!

I climbed the Pulpito while treking in this area. Go to Columbia... people are just great !

El Tigre Valderrama

El Tigre Valderrama - Mar 21, 2006 2:48 am Date Climbed: Mar 20, 2006

Hale like hell

Andres Paez and I attempted the route in a rather cloudy and warm day. We climbed the normal route, up to some 30 meters, up to the first rappel station, with some difficulty due to humidity and water on the route, however the friction was very good. We had luck; we were in the abseiling station when a very strong hale and ice storm hit us so we had to escape the route. Since the normal route goes on a kind of gully with a snow ramp on top, we had lots of hale coming from the top down to us while descending! 15 centimeters in 40 minutes! The route was completely covered with hale and ice after the storm….sad.

Will try it next year!

physics

physics - Mar 2, 2006 5:54 pm Date Climbed: Feb 21, 2006

North face  Sucess!

This was the third of four peaks climbed together with Gabriel. We were just going to move all the pro up there and climb it the next day but an early start to the day and good weather caused us to push for it earlier. Did it in 3 short pitches; although the easiest route is rated at 5.7, we did not find that crack. The top has an amazing view of Azucar. This was the last good weather, clear summit day we enjoyed.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Púlpito del Diablo (El Cocuy)' main page