Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Sep 11, 2007 8:57 pm - Voted 10/10

About time!

I know this page is still under construction but you are already doing a great job. Bringing together the disparate peaks of this range is long overdue. Good job!

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Sep 12, 2007 5:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: About time!

Thanks for the very kind words and the vote! I very much appreciate it.

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Sep 12, 2007 7:53 am - Voted 10/10

Good Start!

Good start on the Davis Mountains page. My son, Curtis, and I stayed at Davis Mountains State Park a couple years ago on our way to Big Bend. Unfortunately, I don't have any good images of the surrounding peaks. I do have a few scenery images of the park, if you're interested.

However, I just wanted to suggest that you mention the state-run restaurant at Indian Lodge in the park. Not only was the food decent (we ate breakfast), but the prices were extraordinarily reasonable, and the staff is not allowed to accept tips (state employees). It's probably the best food bargain I've ever had in that type of location. --mark d.

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Sep 13, 2007 2:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Start!

Mark,

Pictures of the State Park are very much needed! I've been able to find some of the observatory and the National Historic Site, but I'd very much appreciate your submission.

Thanks!
Daniel

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Sep 13, 2007 3:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Good Start!

Daniel: I'll get to that in the next few days. I'll let you know. If by "the observatory" you mean Macdonald, I have some images of that, too. Being an amateur astronomer, that was a must stop. :-) Do you need? --mark d.

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Sep 13, 2007 5:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Start!

The more the merrier!!

Mark Doiron

Mark Doiron - Sep 17, 2007 8:08 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Good Start!

Daniel--I've attached seven images. Have a look and if there are any you don't need, let me know and I'll delete. BTW: The page is looking really nice! --mark d.

surgent

surgent - Sep 26, 2007 10:18 am - Voted 10/10

Kudos!

One of the prettiest, least-known areas of Texas (at least for us outside of Texas). Great page!

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Oct 29, 2007 12:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kudos!

Thanks!!!

vermeer

vermeer - Nov 22, 2007 10:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Nice

Great Page. Moving to Houston from Seattle has been hard for me...it's good to know there are some places here worth exploring..if a bit of a drive!

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Dec 11, 2007 3:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very Nice

Thanks for the vote! West Texas does provide some great opportunities for exploring, provided that you can get permission from the land owners. I've found more often than not that almost everyone out there is friendly; the only negative experiences I've had are with a few absentee land owners.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Feb 6, 2008 10:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks

...for broadening my horizons. I never knew there was such a verdant mountain area in TX. I thought all high mountains in TX were the continuations of ridges in NM.

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Feb 7, 2008 9:59 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks

Thanks for the comments! I've chaged the "its" to "it's" as well. ;-)

tanya

tanya - Feb 7, 2008 5:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Very Nice :)

Yeah... got to watch those its and it's or MoapaPk will catch you... (and me) ;p

mrwsierra

mrwsierra - Feb 7, 2008 6:24 pm - Voted 10/10

great page....

man. You put the Davis Mountains on my list. Wonderful photos.

txmountaineer

txmountaineer - Feb 11, 2008 3:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: great page....

Thanks! Assuming you can get around the access restrictions, it's a really awesome area! I want to do more backcountry low-impact hiking in the Nature Conservancy Preserve, so if you're interested, drop me a line.

Daniel

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Davis Mountains' main page