Mount Watkins Comments

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
musicman82

musicman82 - Mar 5, 2010 9:46 pm - Voted 10/10

Duplicate?

Is this a duplicate page of:
http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/417541/mt-watkins.html

Admittedly, the other page is pretty bad, as he doesn't even have the elevation right. It seems to me that the other page should be a route instead of a mountain page...

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 5, 2010 11:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate?

Damn! I double checked under Mount and Watkins and found nothing but I didn't check under Mt.! I'll send him a pm and see if he wants to work together. If not I had fun posting it!

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 6, 2010 12:05 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate?

I checked his page out and your take on it is right. I sent TeleK an email instead of a pm since he hasn't been active on SP since August 2008. I asked if he would be willing to make it a route page and add it to mine. We'll see how it turns out. In any case it's a good lesson about being attached to the outcome of ones work. I spent several hours today posting the page and getting stoked about it. Now I'm ready to let it go if that's the way it goes!

musicman82

musicman82 - Mar 6, 2010 12:22 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Duplicate?

Yeah - I doubt you'll hear from him if it's been that long. I would suggest sending an PM to the elves asking to take over his page and then you could delete his or correct it and attach it as a route. Great work on the page, BTW - it looks great!

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 6, 2010 12:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate?

Thanks musicman, that's a good call. I'll do that.

Noondueler

Noondueler - Mar 6, 2010 9:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Duplicate?

Thanks again Musicman. The elves gave me the old Watkins page. Apparently the author, TeleK, was only on SP for 2 weeks! I made it a route page.

musicman82

musicman82 - Mar 7, 2010 2:09 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Duplicate?

Awesome - that's great!

Viewing: 1-7 of 7
Return to 'Mount Watkins' main page