Sawatch Range Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Kane

Kane - Feb 14, 2006 4:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Hi Larry

Do you want us to vote? If you don't would recommend going into Edit and making this page UNDER CONSTRUCTION, so we can't view it until you have finished it.

You have taken on quite the project with the huge Sawatch Range.
Something to consider about the Sawatch is how complex the range is. It could easily be sectioned off into three different regions, the northern, the central, and the southern. Each region is unique and different from the other. I would also recommend getting Aaron involved for the northern region because of his extensive knowledge of the Holy Cross area. You can grant him editing privledges and be co-owners of the page. Just an idea, it may save you a lot of time. Not sure if he would be interested, but its certainly worth a try.

Also, in time i may be interested in adding a Hunter Fryingpan Wilderness section to the page.

Larry V

Larry V - Feb 17, 2006 3:52 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Hi Larry

Hi Kane,
Thank you for your suggestions on the Sawatch Range page, especially about asking Aaron for his help on the northern section. I had already planned to highlight the three regions, but my first hand knowledge of the northern region is sparse.
Also I plan to highlight the five wilderness areas of the Sawatch. Your help on the H-F area would be welcome.

I have added you and Aaron as co-editors of the page.

I don't want the page to become so huge, so I don't anticipate any one section to be very lengthy. I will call out major summits.

Thanks again. I don't know how much you had to do with the redesign of SP, but I think it is creative and powerful. A+

Aaron Johnson

Aaron Johnson - Feb 18, 2006 12:06 am - Voted 9/10

Sawatch Page plans

Hi guys.

Larry, eventually I can "lift" some material from Holy Cross and create a seperate page (probably another special object like I did on the San Juan page for the appendix) about the Holy Cross area. This will shorten the Holy Cross Page (a good thing) and support your efforts here. This will also avoid making the main Sawatch page too long. Kane's idea on the HF area is very encouraging as well.

I'll be glad to assist you guys in any way I can, and if you wish to add me as a maintainer, that is fine but not really necessary unless you really want it that way. I think the Sawatch is in great hands.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Sawatch Range' main page