PCT from Islip Saddle

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 34.34120°N / 117.8056°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach



You take the Pacific Crest Trail starting from Islip Saddle. The trail starts across the road from the parking lot.

Route Description


- From the parking area (6600'), cross the road and hike up the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT).
- After 1 mile, you will cross a fire road. Keep going towards Little Jimmy Campground.
- You will pass Little Jimmy Campground on your right and will continue to Windy Gap.
- Keep going and about 1.5 miles further the trail will fork. Keep left (NOT the turnoff towards South and Middle Hawkins).
- You will pass the summit on the north side until you are to the north-eastern side of it. At 8800 feet, you will have the possibility of taking a short right on a ridge going south west to the summit. If you don't turn right and go kind of straight, you will head to Throop peak.

Essential Gear


Crampons and axe might be necessary during the winter and late fall/early spring.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
T. White

T. White - Sep 21, 2022 4:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Vandalism

Be warned - there's been a rash of car break-ins at the Islip Saddle parking lot. Leave your doors unlocked - even items of no value are being stolen.

Luciano136

Luciano136 - Sep 21, 2022 4:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Vandalism

Wow, that's crazy! When is this happening? During the day or overnight? Week days or weekend?

T. White

T. White - Sep 21, 2022 8:12 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Vandalism

At least one overnight back in July, but broken glass was visible from previous break-ins that time. More broken glass was seen on a different trip.

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.