Perfect breakfast

Perfect breakfast

On our way down from camp1 to basecamp in Gazane village we had the chance to stuff up with these delicious wild fruits. I dont know the english name of these fruits but we call them AZGEEL in here.
bijan_tango
on Nov 10, 2007 8:19 am
Image Type(s): Hiking
Image ID: 355217

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Aspen

Aspen - Nov 20, 2007 12:58 am - Voted 10/10

Yummmy?

What do they taste like?

Knight

bijan_tango

bijan_tango - Nov 20, 2007 6:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Yummmy?

like a peace of heaven!!! after 2 days in high altitude and cold winds any things tastes good but these things wre tasting REALLY great. a combination of sweet and acerb ..delicious... have fun

Deb

Deb - Dec 13, 2007 3:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Kinda ugly....

...at first I thought they were baby birds and I was mad at you! :) Fruit for breakfast? Good find after climbing.

bijan_tango

bijan_tango - Dec 14, 2007 7:57 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Kinda ugly....

baby birds!!!!! i'm NOT some sort of a devil :) . and yes fruits for breakfast feels great since we were under a cozy and warm autumn morning sun after 3 days in high altitude cold and wind so it was like we were fallen into midle of heaven somewhere :) . congratulations again for your retirement Deb and have fun.

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Dec 17, 2007 12:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kinda ugly....

HAAAAA!! Bijan is a baby bird eater! That's too funny! How did these tastes?

Hope you've been doing fine these days. BTW......30 more days before we fly down ot Patagonia.We're pretty excited to start this trip. Don't worry....we'll be sure to send you shot. I think we're taking the laptop computer with us so we can send photos.

bijan_tango

bijan_tango - Dec 20, 2007 3:36 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kinda ugly....

Hi dave..
Thats great news my friend. just be careful and take care of your self and deb while you are in there and more important HAVE FUN!!
I'm looking forward to see the pictures you are gonna send. about the laptop: i have a pretty bad experience with laptop. the screen in tended to freeze very easy and since its too big to keep it close to the body it could be a real problem to keep your laptop safe. i haven't tried them but i think that getting a PDA sort of computer would be a much better choice since i dont think that you are gonna need the advance capacity of a laptop. its easier to hande and keep safe and recharge and even use!! plus they are much more friendly with sat phones and wireless equipment and networks. and another tip is to use a plastic bag to avoide condensation of water on your device when you put it inside your clothes (for body heat)after using it in cold weather. its always pleasant to hear from you and keep up having fun my friend!!!

Dave Daly

Dave Daly - Dec 20, 2007 3:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Kinda ugly....

We were going to keep the laptop in our room at the bed and breakfast place in El Chalten. I'll be sure to have fun and sidewith caution if things get to be too much.

Thanks brother B!!

nomad

nomad - May 14, 2008 8:52 am - Hasn't voted

azgil

is it azgil ?

bijan_tango

bijan_tango - May 14, 2008 10:31 am - Hasn't voted

Re: azgil

actually it is.. i didn't know it's name in english..

Marcsoltan

Marcsoltan - Aug 26, 2008 5:09 pm - Hasn't voted

Azgil!

Isn't Azgil the same as figs??? Or at least similar to it?

bijan_tango

bijan_tango - Aug 27, 2008 3:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Azgil!

Well.. imagine that your are able to combine a fig with an apple(little one and kinda rotten) then you get an AZGIL!!!but it is delicious..... late summer or mid fall you can find this wild fruit in the areas that it grows... have fun Marc

Viewing: 1-11 of 11