Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 45.98485°N / 7.26663°E
Additional Information Elevation: 12047 ft / 3672 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Petit Combin is the most visited mountain in the Combin Massif. Its a great mountain with great views and it is possible to ascend it almost any time of year. There are many different routes both in winter and in summer. The central ridge that cuts the north face in half is a very good introduction to alpine mixed climbing. I will inform you that it is one of several summits in Switzerland where Helicopters are permited to land. This way you will not be surprised when you come across scantily clad tourists that have not broken a sweat. Nevertheless the heliskiing potential is realy unlimited and with a little touring gear the possibilities are astounding.

Getting There

The Petit Combin is most often accessed from the north side via the Cabane de Brunet, but one can also use the Cabane de Panossiere. These huts can be reached from Val de Bagnes (Fionnay) Next airport : Geneva Next station :Sembrancher To Fionnay : from the road Martigny - Aosta, turn left at Sembrancher to Val de Bagnes and Fionnay.

Red Tape

This is the alps where you will rarely come accross red tape, and that is one of the main reasons why we like it here. Just be nice to the environment and the other tourists that are there enjoying it.

When To Climb

As I mentioned if the conditions are right this mountain is climbable most of the year.

Camping

Camping is alowed as long as one respects the suroundings.

Mountain Conditions

Weather informations

Huts

Marcel Brunet Hut François-Xavier Bagnoud (Panossière) Hut

Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.