Phelps Ridge Additions and Corrections

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
gimpilator

gimpilator - Aug 8, 2011 6:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Phelps Ridge

Hey Bob,

I need to mention a couple things that have been bugging me about this page for some years. The first is the name of the page. I think it's not a good practice to combine multiple peaks on one mountain page unless it's a matter of east and west (such as Buckner).

Secondly, the summit of Point 8134 carries the unofficial name of "Phelps Ridge" since it's the highpoint on Phelps ridge. That might be a more appropriate name for the page, and certainly more of an interest grabber.

Third, did you go to the summit of Red Mountain? The reason I ask is because I read somewhere in the forums that it's desired that members reach the summit before creating a new page.

Now you are probably thinking, "why is Adam spouting out all this"? The reason is because I have had an interest in Red Mountain ever since I saw the east face in 2006. I've wanted to climb it since then and yesterday I made it to the top. I would really like to create a page for this peak and I have compiled tons of photos and route info but I don't want to step on your toes in the process either.

What do you think?

Adam

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Aug 8, 2011 11:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Phelps Ridge

Hey Adam. I have no problem with you creating a Red Mountain page, and indeed I need to change the name of Point 8134 to Phelps Ridge. I obviously ran out of energy to improve my pages many years ago, and should probably let someone else take ownership of most of them.

Bob

gimpilator

gimpilator - Dec 31, 2011 11:29 am - Voted 10/10

Re: Phelps Ridge

I just noticed that this page still displays Red Mountain as the summit. Here are the correct coordinates (48.165852, -120.888241). I hope to have the new Red Mountain page done by the end of the day. Also, here is a new photo of the Phelps Ridge summit which you might like. Happy New Year!

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Dec 31, 2011 10:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Phelps Ridge

Aha, good catch Adam. That has been corrected. Thanks! -Bob

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Phelps Ridge' main page