3-4 days to spend hiking... any suggestions?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
Cloud Ocean

3-4 days to spend hiking... any suggestions?

by Cloud Ocean » Mon May 27, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello everyone,

A friend and I are meeting for Shasta, and afterward intend do some more climbing and hiking in the south- after Shasta we have a further 3-4 days of time to spend in the mountains. We're keen on nice scenic camping, not too much hauling of gear, and access to some 13'er/14'ers for climbing and viewing.

We're currently considering the Royce Lakes/Feather Peak area, or maybe Agissaz/Goode together. Williamson was also briefly on the table, although the approach looks unpleasant. I guess, ideally we want some fun scrambling on route, and really want to make the most of the 3-4 days available to us.

Given our desire for a multi-night trip, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance folks! :)

youngclimer123

Re: 3-4 days to spend hiking... any suggestions?

by youngclimer123 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:57 am

i would suggest mabey the big pine lakes basin. from there you can climb several 13/14ers including North Palisade, Agassiz , Winchell, mt Sill, mt Gayley, Cloud Dripper, and Gendarme peak, although they are pretty technical. anyway big pine lakes are quite scenic and 3 of the lakes are a glacially fed and a beautiful blue. have fun wherever you go!

Return to California