Aconcagua Dec 2013 - Jan 2014

Find climbing partners in South America.
herdbull

Re: Aconcagua Dec 2013 - Jan 2014

by herdbull » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:47 am

So now that I have you all here..... has anyone seen or heard the exact amount for the permit for the 2013/2014 season? I was told today by INKA that the gov't hasn't set the price yet. But they quoted me a price a month or 2 ago with the discount for their services included. Now they are telling me it could be something else.

It's not that I don't trust them I'd just like to have my facts in front of me in case there's further price negotiations. Or the numbers come back a little different (i.e. more) in the upcoming months before I head down there. Also things have become a little odd or different once I sent my deposit. They've been harder to get a hold of since the deposit.

Thanks

ktadajewska

by ktadajewska » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:36 am

Hi Guys,

I'm going to Aconcagua in an unguided party of 2. We are entering the Aconcagua park on December 14th.
If anybody gets there around this time, shoot me an e-mail at ktadajewska<at>yahoo
It would be great to have some climbing buddies.

Best,
Kasia

no avatar
Mattys

by Mattys » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Hello,

I'm going to Aconcagua end of november, early december. I´m looking for a climbing mate to do the false polish glacier or the direct polish glacier unguided (if acclimatization goes well and conditions allow it...).

Please send me an email at n.saladini<at>hotmail<dot>fr if interested. I have to be back at Mendoza around 15th of December so I can´t postpone my expe (I will sail to antarctica then !)

Cheers

Genius_Tutelaris

by Genius_Tutelaris » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:36 pm

Good day to everyone!

Aconcagua also is in my travel-climbing plans and I would be happy to catch up with someone, going to the peak independently.
I arrive to Mendoza soon, in November, and stay there with my friends. Most of them have been to Aconcagua before and can provide us with useful info.

Thus, if there's an option, I would love to join someone, planning the ascent at late November - December - maybe, January.
I'll be in Mendoza, so we can meet and discuss the whole thing anytime.

Suerte, amigos!

Katya
ekagolovina (at) yandex.ru
follow-wind.com

jsteinborn

by jsteinborn » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 am

I am planning to climb/hike Aconcagua sometime between Dec 18 and Jan 12 as well. A buddy would be great. But since my climbing experience is limited to some 14ers in Colorado and the usual suspects in Mexico incl. Orizaba (twice), my best option might be to use a guide service such as Aconcagua Expeditions and stick to the normal route. Does anyone have a recommendation for guides or even used this particular one?

Thanks for your feedback!

herdbull

by herdbull » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:34 am

jsteinborn,
Have you thought about just going without a guide? During high season the mtn will have people all over the place. I hear ya though on wanting to meet up with someone. As it sits right now I am planning on meeting someone in Mendoza and we will be "soloing" together so to speak. Nice to have someone around to keep an eye on each other. Shoot me a pm if you're still planning on being down there then. Maybe we could work something out.

CarlosMMM

by CarlosMMM » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi guys;

I´m argentine, I´m planning on trying Aconcagua for the second time this next january (I failed in doing so last december), on the normal route.

So far, I´m doing it solo, but would be great to get to know beforehand all those who may have the same schedule.

My mail is texcoatl@gmail.com; thanks!

Carlos
Last edited by CarlosMMM on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtvalley

by mtvalley » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Permit costs announced, 35% increase this year 2013-14. :shock:

Apparently booking services through an authorized provider gives you a 20-30% discount off these prices though.

http://www.diariouno.com.ar/mendoza/El-Parque-Aconcagua-abre-con-3-tipos-de-tarifas-y-con-un-35-de-aumento-20131031-0060.html

herdbull

by herdbull » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:39 am

Thank you, I've been waiting for this to get "finalized". Seems like quite a jump considering last year there was a big jump too. It's a little frustrating to find this out now after everything is bought and paid for. Seems like they do on that purpose. Anyway, guess it doesn't matter, you can't do anything about it.

So am I reading this correctly???? $5500 AR for a peak season climb with mule service? I'm sure INKA will be contacting me with a finalized price but I just want to make sure I'm reading things correctly. I think for the price they outta give you 2 poop bags :)

Happy climbing!

herdbull

by herdbull » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:08 pm

UPDATE: 1/13/14

For what it's worth I figured I'd give you all an update as I sit here back in front of my PC in the states. I acquired the summit at approximately 2:00pm on 1/5/14 solo, unguided and without porters. Perfect weather and conditions. I stand by my comment I made to the camcorder the morning after......"I did it but don't know if I'd do it again." I was pretty spent by the end of summit day.

More details to follow unless someone has some specific questions they'd like to ask here. Otherwise there may be a trip report/gear list pending.

Thanks for the help from everyone in putting together this trip.

Previous

Return to South America