Airfares to Peru

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
mstender

by mstender » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:06 pm

William Marler wrote:I would never use Delta myself. I have had two bad experiences with them just canceling flights at the last minute. Once both ways on a trip to and from Montreal to Denver through Cincinati and another time from Montreal to Atlanta making me miss my connection to Santiago. Spent one of the worst 24 hours of my live in Atlanta airport. All based on personal experience. Never had a problem with AA but I am sure there are alway horror stories out there with any airline. Everyone can have a bad day. Lan has always been good to me. Them and Aerolineas Argentinas.
William

We had a pretty bad experience with AA too one time returning from Lima to Miami. Because of a delay at the customs we missed our connecting flight to New York and then AA offered to put us on a flight 3 days later. :shock: I did not think that was too funny. We were lucky to get on late night flights the same day as stand-by passenger but me and my wife had to go on separate flights.

fossana

by fossana » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:44 pm

I just got back from Peru. I used kayak, a travel metasearch engine. I'd recommend checking different days of the week. Some are cheaper than others. There's a nice lowest fares calendar widget on the site. Also, if you can stomach long layovers you'll save a few hundred. For domestic flights it was a lot cheaper to book directly through Star Peru.

p.s. Stopped by Cafe Andino, but Chris was in the States.

eferesen

by eferesen » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:18 am

Definitely looking for a good price. Last summer I paid $850 plus insurance.... This time I hope I can find something cheaper....

Too bad that Chris was not there. He is funny... I loved cafe Andino. Hopefully I can make it back in 2010...

fossana wrote:I just got back from Peru. I used kayak, a travel metasearch engine. I'd recommend checking different days of the week. Some are cheaper than others. There's a nice lowest fares calendar widget on the site. Also, if you can stomach long layovers you'll save a few hundred. For domestic flights it was a lot cheaper to book directly through Star Peru.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:23 pm

eferesen wrote:Definitely looking for a good price. Last summer I paid $850 plus insurance.... This time I hope I can find something cheaper....

Too bad that Chris was not there. He is funny... I loved cafe Andino. Hopefully I can make it back in 2010...

fossana wrote:I just got back from Peru. I used kayak, a travel metasearch engine. I'd recommend checking different days of the week. Some are cheaper than others. There's a nice lowest fares calendar widget on the site. Also, if you can stomach long layovers you'll save a few hundred. For domestic flights it was a lot cheaper to book directly through Star Peru.

Thnaks! Now I feel better. I paid about $650 last year. :D

rangerfan94

by rangerfan94 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:19 am

Was in Peru in August and was able to do a round-trip from Louisville, KY to Lima for about $870. The only catch was I had to do it on two separate round-trip tickets, one from Louisville to Miami and back and one from Miami to Lima and back. I flew Delta on the domestic RT and I swear I'll never fly them again. They screwed me going down (almost didn't have my gear for the flight out of MIA) and going back(dropped off in Cincy and had no flights going onto Lou). I flew Avianca to Lima and these folks know how to run an airline! I had 2 checked bags and did not pay a single cent for either, coming or going. I was in coach and had hot meals served for breakfast and lunch! I have not had a hot meal in coach since about 1988! I think I'll try to go earlier next year (maybe June) when I think flights may be cheaper.

Previous

Return to South America