Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

Report bad submissions here in order to get them detached by the community. Also, post challenges to existing pages.

User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Thanked: 1321 times in 898 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by mrchad9 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 pm


User Avatar
visentin

 
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Thanked: 88 times in 58 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by visentin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:14 pm

yatsek wrote:And all of the “huts and campgrounds” still owned by this guy
http://www.summitpost.org/users/pavolhornak/45456


By deleting the guy all his (nice) pictures are gone as well. Some of them were used in some pages and it caused a terrible mess in the layout.
Delete bad submissions please but do not delete people arbitrary like this, especially when their material are used on pages.

The following user would like to thank visentin for this post
kamil

User Avatar
vancouver islander

 
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:40 pm
Thanked: 8 times in 4 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by vancouver islander » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:34 pm

mrchad9 wrote:http://www.summitpost.org/dugger-mountain-under-construction/676708

mrchad's correct.

And on the third day the Lord Bob did smite such incompleteness with a mighty sword :wink:

User Avatar
yatsek

 
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm
Thanked: 56 times in 42 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by yatsek » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 pm

vancouver islander wrote:And on the third day the Lord Bob did smite such incompleteness with a mighty sword :wink:

:shock: :wink:

User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Thanked: 2627 times in 1461 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by Bob Sihler » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:58 am

visentin wrote:
yatsek wrote:And all of the “huts and campgrounds” still owned by this guy
http://www.summitpost.org/users/pavolhornak/45456


By deleting the guy all his (nice) pictures are gone as well. Some of them were used in some pages and it caused a terrible mess in the layout.
Delete bad submissions please but do not delete people arbitrary like this, especially when their material are used on pages.


When a user has been inactive for years and all his 10+ pages are empty, it is simply easier to delete the account than go by page by page. I'm sorry for any mess it caused on other pages, but I'm not going to take the time to sift through someone's pictures to see which ones might be displayed on other pages.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Thanked: 2627 times in 1461 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by Bob Sihler » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am



All but two zapped. Paragon Peak is a weak page but meets the bare minimum. Since the user is active, he may respond to improvement requests if someone makes them.

The other still here is now a custom object. Same user, so he has the chance to finish the page without it being among the new mountain pages.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

User Avatar
kamil

 
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:31 pm
Thanked: 22 times in 17 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by kamil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:27 am

Bob Sihler wrote:
visentin wrote:
yatsek wrote:And all of the “huts and campgrounds” still owned by this guy
http://www.summitpost.org/users/pavolhornak/45456


By deleting the guy all his (nice) pictures are gone as well. Some of them were used in some pages and it caused a terrible mess in the layout.
Delete bad submissions please but do not delete people arbitrary like this, especially when their material are used on pages.


When a user has been inactive for years and all his 10+ pages are empty, it is simply easier to delete the account than go by page by page. I'm sorry for any mess it caused on other pages, but I'm not going to take the time to sift through someone's pictures to see which ones might be displayed on other pages.


That's one point I disagree with. I understand the load of work you have as an elf, but this way the thin line of 'justified damage' can be pushed to our will.

User Avatar
Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 8364
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:20 pm
Thanked: 2627 times in 1461 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by Bob Sihler » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:47 am

kamil wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:When a user has been inactive for years and all his 10+ pages are empty, it is simply easier to delete the account than go by page by page. I'm sorry for any mess it caused on other pages, but I'm not going to take the time to sift through someone's pictures to see which ones might be displayed on other pages.


That's one point I disagree with. I understand the load of work you have as an elf, but this way the thin line of 'justified damage' can be pushed to our will.


Recently, I found some broken links and missing pictures on a page of mine, apparently because the person's profile had been deleted at some point. I went in, made some quick fixes, and all was fine. So I really don't see why this is much of an issue. Then again, I almost always use the SP-provided formatting instead of making elaborate charts, so such changes are easy to do for me.

However, I'm not looking to needlessly make hassles for people, especially folks like you who have been very supportive and have helped me quite a bit so far. Therefore, going forward, I won't delete an inactive account that has pictures unless I can easily tell that the pictures are only attached to the bad pages in need of deletion. However, I will reserve the right to this exception: if the person has some ridiculous amount of empty pages and deleting them one by one is going to take a long time, the account is going to go. And I'll have to use my best judgment on what a "ridiculous amount" is.

Fair enough?
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

User Avatar
chugach mtn boy

 
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:54 pm
Thanked: 224 times in 129 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by chugach mtn boy » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:49 am

vancouver islander wrote:
mrchad9 wrote:http://www.summitpost.org/dugger-mountain-under-construction/676708

mrchad's correct.

And on the third day the Lord Bob did smite such incompleteness with a mighty sword :wink:


Lord, we beseech thee, cut this feller a mite of slack. He is just about the only person adding mountains in the southeast, and his pages are generally ok. Surely thy impatient angels of death can wait just a few more days to wield their mighty sword (and perhaps chase yet another SP contributor from the site).

Verily I say, even as thy servant Joshua took seven days to bring down the walls of Jericho, shouldst thou not stay thy hand even unto the end of the week? For this sinner may yet repent and be redeemed!

User Avatar
yatsek

 
Posts: 875
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm
Thanked: 56 times in 42 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by yatsek » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:30 am

Looks like lots of folk just love such scenery.

Image

I suppose this is the reason that a number of SP people who'd kept contributing terrific stuff have virtually given up in recent years.

User Avatar
kamil

 
Posts: 598
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:31 pm
Thanked: 22 times in 17 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by kamil » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:49 am

Bob Sihler wrote:Fair enough?

Alright :D

User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Thanked: 1321 times in 898 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by mrchad9 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:56 am

Bob Sihler wrote:However, I'm not looking to needlessly make hassles for people, especially folks like you who have been very supportive and have helped me quite a bit so far. Therefore, going forward, I won't delete an inactive account that has pictures unless I can easily tell that the pictures are only attached to the bad pages in need of deletion. However, I will reserve the right to this exception: if the person has some ridiculous amount of empty pages and deleting them one by one is going to take a long time, the account is going to go. And I'll have to use my best judgment on what a "ridiculous amount" is.

Fair enough?

Bob- do this in the way that is easiest for you. Cleaning up some photo links on their own page is not too much for someone to do. If an account has been inactive for years there is no reason for it to continue to exist. Or at least having some pretty pictures isn't reason enough.

User Avatar
visentin

 
Posts: 1442
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 pm
Thanked: 88 times in 58 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by visentin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:23 am

kamil wrote:That's one point I disagree with. I understand the load of work you have as an elf, but this way the thin line of 'justified damage' can be pushed to our will.


Bob raised some good points too, I am not elf so I cannot judge how easy it is to delete pages one by one, or to detect how often one's material is used on other pages. My opinion is the same than Kamil, but whatever; after all this Pavol didn't own so many, true...

User Avatar
mrchad9

 
Posts: 4492
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:01 am
Thanked: 1321 times in 898 posts

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by mrchad9 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 am


PreviousNext

Return to Bad Submissions

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests