Ben Lomond

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.
courtpace

Ben Lomond

by courtpace » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 pm

I want to get one more run up Ben Lomond this week before it snows again. Anyone been up there since it snowed last? I imagine there is still snow on the east side. I want to know if its been packed down by traffic or still deep enough to get my feet wet and cold. Thanks

mountaingazelle

Re: Ben Lomond

by mountaingazelle » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:57 pm

I haven't hiked it recently but I can see it from the valley. The west side looks completely dry. There will be some snow on the east side but I don't think you’ll have any trouble keeping your feet dry. A storm is coming on Friday but it should be good before then.

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:56 am

mountaingazelle wrote:I haven't hiked it recently but I can see it from the valley. The west side looks completely dry. There will be some snow on the east side but I don't think you’ll have any trouble keeping your feet dry. A storm is coming on Friday but it should be good before then.

I heard the storm will be coming Thursday night, at least here in central Arizona ... which is 750 miles to the south ...

... so, expect lots of snow at that time ... :wink:
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

courtpace

by courtpace » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:46 pm

A buddy of mine ran the trail yesterday and said it is quite snowy and slushy where it doesn't get much sun. There was an annoying breakable crust up higher that was painful on the ankles. Doesnt look ideal for fast travel so ill find another objective.

Return to Utah