Blue Mountains Jamaica

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.
trekker

Blue Mountains Jamaica

by trekker » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:31 am

I am looking at a possibility of doing Blue Mountain Peak in Jamaica early next spring. I don't find a mountain page on SP, except for this page which mentions it in the peaks table:

http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/17 ... Peaks.html

Nice page, BTW. :D

I guess the idea is to hit the TH in time to be on the summit by daybreak. Better views before the clouds build up. Guides are also reccomended? as it evidently is easy to get lost on the way. Supposed to be a Class 1 hike to the top. Anyone been there? Any info is greatly appreciated.

trekker

by trekker » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:18 am

Bump

Anyone?

McCannster

by McCannster » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:11 am

I wish ive been there! I've seen photos from the hike, it looks really cool. I know that there's a big tripod like thing on the summit. There is some stuff present on the net about the peak. You should put up a page if you do it.

Dow Williams

Re: Blue Mountains Jamaica

by Dow Williams » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:26 am

trekker wrote: Guides are also reccomended? as it evidently is easy to get lost on the way. Supposed to be a Class 1 hike to the top. Anyone been there? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I can reccomend a bloke, his name is "Quincy"....if you smoke what he has, you will definitly get lost. Drives like a wild man as well.

trekker

by trekker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:55 am

David Alexander wrote:I wish ive been there! I've seen photos from the hike, it looks really cool. I know that there's a big tripod like thing on the summit. There is some stuff present on the net about the peak. You should put up a page if you do it.

And I will put up a page, provided someone doesn't beat me to it! I have found info on the net about arrangements for camping and guides. I understand the hike could involve meeting up with unpleasant land owners which is probably my main concern, hence a "guide" may be necessary.

If you have a good website you have found, especially about route beta, let me know. Thanks.

trekker

Re: Blue Mountains Jamaica

by trekker » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:12 am

Dow Williams wrote:
trekker wrote: Guides are also reccomended? as it evidently is easy to get lost on the way. Supposed to be a Class 1 hike to the top. Anyone been there? Any info is greatly appreciated.

I can reccomend a bloke, his name is "Quincy"....if you smoke what he has, you will definitly get lost. Drives like a wild man as well.

:D 8) :shock: :D
Maybe Quincy will remind me if I made the summit! What side of the isle does he reign?
Kingston, North shore, Negril area, or is he stateside in the upper northwest US? :roll:

no avatar
hiker08

blue mountains

by hiker08 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:21 am

Trekker,

I'm new to this sight, and I saw your post. I hiked the blue mountains last summer. What information can I give you?

Hiker08

Return to Mexico, Central America and Caribbean