Boot Party in Pasadena, Oct 17

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
TheNobleSunfish

Boot Party in Pasadena, Oct 17

by TheNobleSunfish » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi everyone! If you're like me, you're excited for winter, and that means you need some mountaineering boots. If you are also like me and live in Southern California, you also know it's a bit of an ordeal to get mountaineering boots, as the fit needs to be good yet there aren't many local places to try them on. So, I and some other members of the Caltech Alpine Club are having a party at our house in Pasadena on Wed, Octover 17 at 8pm. Everyone brings all their boots and people can get recommendations and try on pairs from what will hopefully be a large selection, and then can order from the internet or a local store. Even if you don't have or need boots, it'll be a good chance to meet some other climbers! This'll be a very informal affair (if anyone came to Hamik's Sexy Cam-lubrication party, this'll be similar), but we'll get some beer and have some videos playing.

Here's some more info - if you'd like to come, please RSVP to me (Patrick, my contact info is on my user page on the wiki below, or send me an SP message), especially if you have some boots you can bring!
http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~alpine/wik ... Party_2012

Hope to see some of you there!

Return to California