Cloud Peak car to car in 12 hrs

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.
WyomingSummits

Cloud Peak car to car in 12 hrs

by WyomingSummits » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:15 am

Matt Lemke joined me in the Bighorns for a 1 day trip on Labor Day. We were going to link Cloud Peak and Blacktooth but icy conditions made us rethink the Blacktooth section. We did the 24 miles round trip in a bit over 12 hours with over an hour on the summit and lots of picture breaks, snacks, and chatting with hikers. It was an awesome day!

SarahThompson

Re: Cloud Peak car to car in 12 hrs

by SarahThompson » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:31 am

Nice! Too bad conditions didn't cooperate for you guys to get over to Black Tooth.

The following user would like to thank SarahThompson for this post
WyomingSummits

WyomingSummits

Re: Cloud Peak car to car in 12 hrs

by WyomingSummits » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:40 am

SarahThompson wrote:Nice! Too bad conditions didn't cooperate for you guys to get over to Black Tooth.

Thanks. We were going to descend the North slope of Cloud and slide over to BT, but the north facing aspects of the SE Cirque of Cloud, and the North faces of Bomber were so icy/snowy, we figured Cloud's would be too. No biggie.....just something else to do another day. :) We could have just gone straight to BT, but I decided as we were passing clouds SW ridge to add it to my "in a day" list, as well as scout the Merlon a bit more. Matt had never been here, so he got familiarized with the area as well as getting Cloud's summit. Weather was awesome....a bit cold and windy but bluebird skies.

Return to Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)