corner canyon road

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.
climbingchic

corner canyon road

by climbingchic » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:10 pm

want to hike Lone Peak from Jacob's Ladder this Saturday. I haven't done this hike in a few years now. Does anyone know if corner canyon road is still fit for sedans or more for high-clearance vehicles? I see that you can get at it from both the Orson TH and Suncrest Road on South Mountain. Any info is appreciated. Wondering which approach is better, more doable.....

i don't want to take the alpine TH but might if corner canyon is more for 4-wheelers now than sedans.

Wasatch Summits

Re: corner canyon road

by Wasatch Summits » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:41 am

It's open and good to go. Go up from Orson. The Suncrest access is gated. Great shape for a sedan, though there are a couple places where you'd want to take it slow over berms Draper has put in to prevent water runoff.

Here's a couple pics from another trip to the summit this morning. Summit ridge is clean. Most of the snow is gone except a couple smaller snowfields just south of the north summit ridge in the cirque, and some sporadic fields leading into the cirque beyond Cowboy Camp. Very consolidated snow up there now, and plenty of water available.

The following user would like to thank Wasatch Summits for this post
voxnihili

Return to Utah