DWA illegally harrasing hikers at snow creek

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
bluerail

by bluerail » Mon May 17, 2010 4:28 am

96avs01

by 96avs01 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:49 am

hesitant to resurrect this thread, but curious if anyone has more details on this post from WPS.com...

http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/forum ... #Post79846

Cy Kaicener

DWA illegally harrassing hikers at Snow Creek

by Cy Kaicener » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:50 am

96avs01 wrote:hesitant to resurrect this thread, but curious if anyone has more details on this post from WPS.com...

http://www.whitneyportalstore.com/forum ... #Post79846

A few more details
http://mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=2422

http://mtsanjacinto.info/viewtopic.php?t=2330

http://mtsanjacinto.info/viewforum.php?f=1 (scroll down)

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 pm

KathyW wrote:It would help if climbers stayed on public land on the approach. It might also help if people were a little quieter about their climbs up Snow Creek. Less said is sometimes better when it comes to sensitive areas like Snow Creek.

The ONLY POST on this thread that makes any lick of sense!

You frkn people just don't get it do ya!

It ain't your land.

If any of you have an incident as the one that the OP has referred to, there is a very simple solution.

Immediately Call 911, tell the operator that you are being threatened or intimidated/harassed by some unknown people in camo gear and have the SBC Sheriff come out and investigate the incident immediately. If you are in fact not doing anything illegal, than have the incident documented as such etc.

But to post crap as was ref'd in the OP, is just plain BS and tells me that there clearly is far more to this story than what was posted!

Spoiled and self-proclaimed selfish sense of entitlement, means absolutely nothing here.

All the actions of the people out there that insist to do as they damn well please and in doing so violate the LO's (DWA) rights, have only done one thing, totally aggravated the issue. You have only pissed off the LO (DWA) to the point that you will never be able to work a deal with them for any kind of ACCESS.

Your selfish insistent trespassing desires have only made it that much more difficult for any future possible cohesion between the DWA and the rest of the public wishing to access this area.

But, by all means, continue with your selfish rants, attitude and total disregard for the LO's (DWA) rights/behavior to protect their property.

It is consistent with the times....Unfknbeliveable

x15x15

by x15x15 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey The Chief- this is the FREAK'n internet THE CHIEF, why the heck are you taking any of this seriously, especially the OP. I don't get you THE CHIEF, its like you are always on the rag... is that what you strive for THE CHIEF? "mr. on the internet rag" avatar seems to fit you quite nicely.

The Chief wrote:
KathyW wrote:It would help if climbers stayed on public land on the approach. It might also help if people were a little quieter about their climbs up Snow Creek. Less said is sometimes better when it comes to sensitive areas like Snow Creek.

The ONLY POST on this thread that makes any lick of sense!

You frkn people just don't get it do ya!

It ain't your land.

If any of you have an incident as the one that the OP has referred to, there is a very simple solution.

Immediately Call 911, tell the operator that you are being threatened or intimidated/harassed by some unknown people in camo gear and have the SBC Sheriff come out and investigate the incident immediately. If you are in fact not doing anything illegally, than have the incident documented as such etc.

But to post crap as was ref'd in the OP, is just plain BS and tells me that there clearly is far more to this story than what was posted!

Your spoiled and self-proclaimed selfish sense of entitlement of wants and needs, mean absolutely nothing.

All the actions of the people out there that insist to do as you damn well please and in doing so violate the LO's (DWA) rights, have only done one thing, totally aggravated the issue. You have only pissed off the LO (DWA) to the point that you will never be able to work a deal with them for any kind of ACCESS.

Your selfish insistent trespassing desires have only made it that much more difficult for any future possible cohesion between the DWA and the rest of the public wishing to access this area.

But, by all means, continue with your selfish rants, attitude and total disregard for the LO's (DWA) rights/behavior to protect their property.

It is consistent with the times....Unfknbeliveable

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm

x15x15 wrote:Hey The Chief- this is the FREAK'n internet THE CHIEF, why the heck are you taking any of this seriously, especially the OP. I don't get you THE CHIEF, its like you are always on the rag... is that what you strive for THE CHIEF? "mr. on the internet rag" avatar seems to fit you quite nicely.

Mr Rag... funny.

Seems an oddity to call you people out on your entitlement bs.

Don't strive for shit other than seeing people use some common sense and quit whining about issues such as this.

Call the frkn COPs if you aren't doing anything illegal and getting "tooled" or harassed illegally.

If you are in fact tresspassing on someones land, get the fk off it. You have no right, no matter who you are, to be on it! It is their land, not yours.

Very frkn simple...end of story!
Last edited by The Chief on Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wallspeck

by wallspeck » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm

OK. Now I'm laughing out loud and can't quit.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:24 pm

Some people think that they have the right/entitlement to just go do anything they want, regardless of infringement on other peoples rights, no matter who those people are.

I don't care who, what or where, stay off any posted land that states to do so. It only fks things up for the rest of us, all over this country, that do things by the book and are working with the LO's at making more places such as this one, open and accessible to all.

fedak

by fedak » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 am

> It would help if climbers stayed on public land on the approach

DWA land *is* public land.

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:40 am

fedak wrote:> It would help if climbers stayed on public land on the approach

DWA land *is* public land.

By some definitions, 29 Palms Marine Base is "Public" land. That doesn't mean you can traipse across it free from harm. We've had this discussion before. A government entity may own the land, but that doesn't give you the all the privileges of ownership.

fedak

by fedak » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:56 am

By some definitions, 29 Palms Marine Base is "Public" land. That doesn't mean you can traipse across it free from harm. We've had this discussion before. A government entity may own the land, but that doesn't give you the all the privileges of ownership.

I didn't condone trespassing- I just pointed out that this *is* public land. (As is the marine base)

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:26 am

fedak wrote:

I didn't condone trespassing- I just pointed out that this *is* public land. (As is the marine base)

Sorry, but it isn't "Public Land". Over 1200 acres of that DWR land in question is in fact Privately Owned which is leased to the DWR and has been for well over 6 decades.

BTW, all Military Bases in the U.S. are NOT "public lands". They are Federal Reservations which are managed/owned by the DOD.

There are two types of Federal Reservations within the U.S., Indian and Military. Both are set aside for and managed/owned by the type Tribe and DOD. They are "OFF LIMITS" to all public access unless noted.

This Snowcreek deal has been around since the late 50's early sixties. After 9/11, ALL established watersheds throughout the U.S. come under the scrutiny of the Homeland Security Act of 2002. That is why this issue has become a hotbed in the past 7-8 years. It is happening in many locations throughout the U.S. I deal with this on a constant basis up here with the LADWP.

I and others up here have learned to respect and work with (not against) the LADWP on all ACCESS issues. Not do as we wish and tell them to fk off. Work with em, respect their Rules/Regs. It works to your advantage.

Get your facts straight. All of you.

fedak

by fedak » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:48 am

Sorry, but it isn't "Public Land"

I stand corrected on the terminology- I was referring to public land as in "owned by the govenment"

Apparently, the legal definition of "public land" only applies to the unappropriated portion:
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictiona ... blic+Lands

In any case, if that strip of land is actually private land that has been leased by the DWA then that is (IMHO) a much clearer situation.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:56 am

I clearly remember how back in the Spring of 1968 our Scout Master had to get written permission from the LO for us to access the same area you all are whining about. Back then, WP's from the USFS or the State were not even implemented in the area. There was a crotchity old man with four or five dogs that stood guard at the base in an old house he lived in. I remember him coming out to meet us at the gate with his dogs and his shotgun in hand. He was actually nice to us and wished us all a good and safe time.

Mr Jay, our Scout Master, taught us early on, the lesson of respect towards all LO's and how to properly follow the right protocols in order to access any land that was held in privately owned hands. We went on numerous trips onto lands in the SoCal area that were "off limits" to all normal every day folk. Mr. Jay showed us all the advantage of a respectful approach and getting the proper permission to access those areas that only a very few got to play on.

Something that still works to this day. Regardless of the owner.

Posting shit like this and then openly endorsing it on known area forum which the LO definitely monitors, does not make your plight one that will go in your favor...

Go figure.

***Again, if anyone remains within legal bounds yet gets intimidated or harassed in any fashion, call 911 (the SB County Sheriff) immediately and inform them that you are being threatened. Get them out there and get the incident officially recorded. Getting on a website and start ranting about this or that doesn't do anyone any good if in fact you are in the right.

Dah!

Ze

by Ze » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:59 am

man up and hike around it

PreviousNext

Return to California