Ecuador Climbing Maps

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
sswhatley

Ecuador Climbing Maps

by sswhatley » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:35 pm

I am planning a climbing trip to Ecaudor in late December and early January. The only problem is my buddy and I don't really know where or how to get topos of the volcanos we plan to climb. Is there anyone who may know a website or store in which we could get these maps here in the states before we leave? Some info would be greatly appreciated.

mstender

by mstender » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:48 pm

sswhatley,

I found some info where to get maps here in the US in the book "Ecuador - A Climing Guide" by Yossi Brain on p. 47.:
Omni Resources
1004 South Mebane Street
Burlington, North Carolina 27215
910-227-8300
I hope that helps and works out for you.

Matt

sswhatley

Thanks

by sswhatley » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:46 pm

Thanks man,
my buddy has that book but I guess he overlooked that part. Happy climbing

no avatar
marauders

by marauders » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:39 am

mstender wrote:sswhatley,

I found some info where to get maps here in the US in the book "Ecuador - A Climing Guide" by Yossi Brain on p. 47.:
Omni Resources
1004 South Mebane Street
Burlington, North Carolina 27215
910-227-8300
I hope that helps and works out for you.

Matt

I used this book as well for our Ecuador trip. We got 5 out of 6 summits and the maps were good. The route on Cotopaxi has changed significantly as the glacier has changed from when the book was published. This mountain is very popular, so it is likely there will be a beaten path to show you the way.

Good luck.

sswhatley

by sswhatley » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:14 pm

Yeah I was thinking that it would be pretty well traveled up there. But thanks for the help guys. I can't wait for this trip it should be a lot of fun.

sswhatley

by sswhatley » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Marauders,
Your pictures are absolutely amazing. I mean really good. Looks like you are getting out there and climbing your face off. If only I had access to those mountains like you do. I live in southern Georgia and as you would imagine there isn't much here in the way of mountains. I am planning on moving out to Salt Lake city this summer however. Anyway good jobs on the pics they are supper motivating. happy climbing, Slaton

Return to South America