I'm considering heading to the alps for about 10 days of climbing, having climbed some 5000-6000m mountains in the himalaya and karakorams over the past 9 years.
I dont have a partner yet but am looking for some on this forum perhaps, and was considering hiring a guide but that is extremely expensive.
1) What cheap alternates do i have for knowing the route up a mountain and perhaps hiring someone for safety?
2) What 4000+ mountains would folks here recommend that are challanging for a first timer to the alps?
3) Can one combing climbing these mountains with a good glacier trek that offers views of the alps over 10 days? (id rather camp on a trek than find my way to a hotel every night) this is usualy the norm in the himalayas.
4) I'm planning to go in mid november, what is the weather like?
5) I have a total budget of $3000 that includes climbing, staying and lodging. is that too high/little?