I’m offering for sale a lightly used REI McKinley, classic pyramid 4 season tent with a rectangular floor plan. Interior center pole design that will sleep 4 adults with feet to the door. This is the version without the winter snow tunnel entrance. Very strongly constructed with reinforced pullouts and multiple guylines to withstand windy conditions. Green canopy with yellow floor and rainfly.
– Double wall design. Interior 1.9 ounce breathable ripstop nylon canopy with taffeta floor. Coated nylon taffeta outer rain fly.
– Large, zippered triangular entrance backed with bug netting.
– Tunnel vent located high up the canopy wall.
– Sheds snow very well.
Rainfly - 2lbs, 10oz with guylines and tension adjusters.
Center Pole - 1lb, 11oz.
Body - 4 lbs, 13oz with guylines and tension adjusters.
Total - 9lbs, 2 oz
– Dimensions are 98″ across the front, 84″ front to rear and 88″ high at the peak. I’m 5′ 8″ and can enter with a little crouch and stand in the center area.
Its apparent the tent has seen light use over the years and is in excellent condition.
– There are no tears or seam stitching needing to be repaired.
– The waterproof coating on the floor, sidewalls and rainfly is not sticky or de-laminating.
– There is no mold, mildew or old tent odor.
– The tent is clean and has just a few usage stains. Primarily on the floor.
– The rainfly and canopy are bright and unfaded.
– The original bug netting had some pulls and the edges were beginning to fray. It and the metal zipper were replaced with no-see-um netting and a nylon coil zipper.
– The first owner chose not to seam seal. The rainfly and interior “at the ground” perimeter seams have been sealed with Seam Grip.
– The poles elastic cord that holds the sections together was weakened so it was replaced.
- I had a half jar of Kenyon Recoat 3 tent floor sealant so while the tent was up I applied 1 coating to the entire interior floor. Needed to use the remaining Recoat but mainly I felt it would add resistance to water entry if kneeling with wet ground beneath the floor.
Includes 2 tent stuff sacks, stakes, stake bag and center pole. Asking price is $425.00, inclusive of shipping to the lower 48 states. PPFF or please tack on 4%.
Center shadow spot on some photo’s is a quirk of my camera