Gran Paradiso - September

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
AlpineTrails

Gran Paradiso - September

by AlpineTrails » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Hi guys. I'll be heading to Chamonix at the end of this month for a second attempt to Mont Blanc. Hopefully the conditions will be better this time.

After that I shall pass to Italy and go for Gran Paradiso. My climbing partner will go home leaving me alone. I'll be there on the 4th of September. Anybody else has the same plan and wishes to team up? I'll have a 50m rope with me as well.

AlpineTrails

Re: Gran Paradiso - September

by AlpineTrails » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:51 am

Don't need any more. I went solo, successfully traversed the glacier and got 1m below the summit... queued for 30mins and decided to turn around. Took me 1h 35 mins from the top of bergschrund and back. Simply insane and unbelievable what's happening. Guides with up to 9 people on a rope pulling them up the mountain. Stupidity is beyond limit.
Being unopened and alone I decided is not worth the risk. My climb ended just before the final step because of others incompetence and lack of experience. I counted over 150 people on the way to the summit.

t/c

Return to Europe