Has anyone here RUN up Skyline Trail on San Jacinto?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
deungsan

Re: Has anyone here RUN up Skyline Trail on San Jacinto?

by deungsan » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:29 am

2600fromatari wrote:The only suggestion I would add is that you might want to consider starting from the San Ramon Rd instead of the Museum as it'll be easier to follow and keep your pace. I don't/can't run that trail but have seen a few guys do it. The most impressive was when I saw that guy ultrademus from the link KathyW put up. I was up there the same day he made his attempt and while he didn't set the record, it was impressive watching someone move so quickly. That snow should melt quickly if you're planning it soon. We have sunny days until at least next Wednesday.

Is there a preferred place to park for the Ramon Road route? Thanks.

MCGusto

by MCGusto » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Any update on conditions for CTC as of late? Snow still lingering high? Went up Baldy via the ski hut trail on Friday and there were just patches here and there. Thinking CTC's aspect might hold snow longer, though.

Anyone know?

Gusto

MoapaPk

by MoapaPk » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:02 pm

deungsan

by deungsan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:29 am

MCGusto wrote:Any update on conditions for CTC as of late? Snow still lingering high? Went up Baldy via the ski hut trail on Friday and there were just patches here and there. Thinking CTC's aspect might hold snow longer, though.

Anyone know?

Gusto

My observations from Oct. 19...

Patches of snow in the shady section of the Skyline Trail near the top. 95% can be avoided.

One 10-foot-long section of snow had to be crossed--nothing serious. Everyone was in hikers or sneakers and doing fine.

I stopped at the tram, so I don't know what it's like on the way to the summit.

Previous

Return to California