Headed for Basin and Saddleback

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
MtnLdr

Headed for Basin and Saddleback

by MtnLdr » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:36 pm

Hello all. I luckily have the time and opportunity for one great autumn dayhike, and I think I've found the Great Range to be my favorite in all the Adirondacks. If anyone is headed out in this direction over the next week I'd love some heads up on trail conditions, etc. I'm planning on going out Thurs. Oct. 1st, after the weather clears (supposed to rain off and on from Sun. thru Weds. Thanks!

hillman

by hillman » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:49 pm

Great hike. Basin first?

Alpinisto

by Alpinisto » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:40 pm

You can check trail conditions here, both in the Trip Reports forum as well as the New York trail conditions forum.

rasgoat

by rasgoat » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:58 pm

Just came back from the Adirondacks this weekend. Some usual mud. And ice in rocky areas up high where there is no sun. Great otherwise. The foliage is running late this year, you will probably be catching the very beginning of peak.

MtnLdr

by MtnLdr » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:26 pm

So far this is what I've expected. The forecast for the end of this week looks nasty. Should be epic!

To hillman - Yeah, it looks as though the west to east route is nicer, that is, I'd be doing more climbing than downclimbing, at least in the worst spots.

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)