Heading to Chamonix

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
no avatar
White Lightning

Heading to Chamonix

by White Lightning » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:53 pm

I am going to Chamonix for the rest of the summer to climb as much as possible. In which campgrounds do most climbers stay? What is the availability usually like in August? Is it easy to meet climbers at the campgrounds and in town? I plan on being up there into september and trying to sleep for cheap. Of course send me a message if anyone wants a partner. Thanks a lot. Matt

WouterB

by WouterB » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:30 pm

In the next couple of weeks I'm going to come over for four days to try and climb Mont Blanc... .

Woodie Hopper

by Woodie Hopper » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:03 pm

When are you going to be in Chamonix? I'll be around (Zermatt and perhaps Chamonix) for two weeks mid September and would like a partner for the Dufourspitze, Dom or Mt. Blanc so I can go sans a guide. I'm also climbing the Matterhorn so I will for sure be in Zermatt for a few days but I could make it over to Chamonix if someone would like a partner for the Mt. Blanc.

Woodie

Woodie Hopper

Re: Heading to Chamonix

by Woodie Hopper » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 pm

White Lightning wrote:I am going to Chamonix for the rest of the summer to climb as much as possible. In which campgrounds do most climbers stay? What is the availability usually like in August? Is it easy to meet climbers at the campgrounds and in town? I plan on being up there into september and trying to sleep for cheap. Of course send me a message if anyone wants a partner. Thanks a lot. Matt

Hey Matt, pm sent.

Woodie

Return to Europe